♛A Header♛

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Thanks," you mumble as you hurry along. 'At least she's efficient...'

You do as told, hunting down the third elevator and entering the intended floor. Before the doors close, a hand shoots out, causing the doors to halt and slide back open. You internally groan, wanting nothing more than to get on with the job.

In comes a tall man, locks as red as the disgusting tomato you ate this morning and then threw away (so much for being healthy). His eyes, which match the same color of his hair but dull in vibrancy, land on you, and he sends you a curious stare. "Are you the new Systems Administrator?"

He doesn't waste a second in asking as if he knows everything that happens in this building. The feeling sends a chill down your spine, a warning that this man is far more than just a regular employee.

"Yes, I'm ____," you bow your head slightly.

"Ah, a pleasure to meet you. My name is Akashi Seijuro," he extends his hand, and you shake it hesitantly.

"Nice to meet you too," you hum. "Uh, are you headed to the 26th floor too?"

"No, I have business elsewhere," he presses two buttons, one for your floor and the other for his. As he slides his badge through the authentication mechanism, you shift to the side and take a quick peek at the floor he's requesting. Your jaw slackens.

'The top floor. I wonder what could be there.'

The elevator ride with him is quiet yet suffocating. His presence feels like that of a kind dictator. One wrong move though and there goes your job. Wanting to be anywhere but near him, you keep your head down and sing whatever pop song you most recently heard on the radio. The more annoying, the better.

When the elevator finally hits the 26th floor, you sigh with relief. "Have a nice day," you chirp.

He smiles, "You too, Miss ___."

You nod and take the chance to assess his handsome features before the doors closed. Tall, somewhat muscular build, radiant locks of hair, symmetrical features. The man oozed in sex appeal. 'He might be good-looking, but I prefer staying away to keep my sanity in check.'

Brushing off your random encounter with the handsome man, you head deeper into the floor, ready for the events ahead.

x-x-x-x-x-x

With a low sigh, you clock out. Your first day had been long and tedious. You hated introductions, and to recite your name over and over again had boiled your nerves to a crisp. All you want now is a nice, relaxing bath-- preferably in hot water.

'I hope the landlady fixed the heater...'

You stretch your arms high in the air, your bones cracking under the pressure while your eyes peer around. Many of your employees were still clicking away on their keyboards, probably planning on staying for overtime. There's a seed of pity that sprouts from the thought of overtime, and you involuntarily nourish it with an act of kindness.

"Hey," you call out to your subordinates. They glance up from their monitors, giving you only a minute of their time. "I'll order some takeout and beer if you guys are up for it."

It's a unanimous consent as they all whistle or shout before returning to their work. Some saunter over to where you stood to help out with the small details. You recognize those that come forward, remembering how they had bothered you the entire day. You didn't mind questions once in awhile, but it was like they were trying to schmooze you up even though there was nothing to gain from being on your good side.