Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

*Olivia's POV*

I woke up the next morning with the biggest smile on my face because I'd had a dream about Carcen and I. Once I was finished getting dressed I went through the living room to the kitchen. But I stopped in the living room to look at Chris sleeping on the couch.

.

"Chris! wake up! We're gonna be late if you don't get up now!" I said as I hit his arm but he didn't move,moan or even tell me to shut up. Is he dead? "Chris! Get up! " I said and kicked him in his leg, and he still didn't move. Finally I took the covers off of him and then a scream erupted and realization hit me.

That was Dad.

Once I screamed Chris came running down the hallway while buckling his belt. "What!? What happened?" He asked.

Suddenly I felt like a idiot to answer the question. I guess he wasn't dead. "Oh nothing.. I just was ..kinda scared that this wasn't you.. it was Dad. Sorry" While I stood there telling my stupid story Dad still didn't move . Not even when I screamed.. maybe he is dead? "Really?! Are you serious? That's Ethan dummy! He came back last night, remember?!"

"Yeah.. now I do..Sorry"

"It's cool but seriously you need to get used to it" Chris said starting to walk back down the hallway.

I finally got to the kitchen and sat at the island and read a magazine . Then finally Dad strolled into the kitchen. Very Alive . I chuckled to myself. But even though he was still alive, his face was so bad looking all he had to do was close his eyes and he'd look dead. Why did he look so bad? Maybe it had something to do with what Chris had told him last night?

"Hey, you know you really look like you're Mother?" He said, interrupting me and my thoughts

"Yeah that's what Chris had said" I said while looking back at my magazine.

As I was reading my magazine I could feel this weird vibe as if someone was staring at me. I knew it was Dad who was staring so I glanced up at him and to my surprise it wasn't a normal stare it was like a stalker stare. Okay, now I’m uncomfortable... Then the coffee pot made a beeping noise and I jumped slightly.

Geez, take it easy Lib, it was only the coffee pot

"Are you okay?" He asked making me uneasy again.

"Y-yeah , I'm Fine" I stuttered.

It's definitely time to go to school.

"You ready?"Chris asked.

"Yeah been ready!" I said and nearly ran to the car.

"Okay I'm locking the door, there’s food in the fridge, help yourself. Both of my work numbers are on the counter." Chris said as he rushed around the living room for his keys.

"You know you sound like your Mother when she brought Olivia home?"

"Well that's because I had to step up and be the man of the house and not a ex-con coming back into the picture. Back then it was her who was head of the house, now it’s me." He said and left Dad looking worse than earlier.

***

"Who were you texting last night?" Chris asked.

"Oh um..just a friend.." I mumbled.

"Male or Female?"

"Why? You go through my phone?"

"No his name was just on the screen last night when I cut it off for you"