What?! No? Really!

"Of course I'm a girl. You didn't think I was a donkey did you?" I don't answer, to be honest I was too shocked to speak. I guess it made sense. Kinda. It explained why she was covering most of her body. When I finally regain the ability to speak it isn't the most elegant thing to ever pass my lips.

"N..no. We just thought you were a guy. Sorry. I. I guess we were wrong." For goodness sake Merlin! Get it together.

"Anyway. You were trying to persuade me not to kill your King."

"Yeah. Uhhhhh. Ummmm. He's a good person deep down, even if he throws plates at his servants? And. He believes in equal rights for everyone, be that peasants right up to him. His wife would be really upset? To be completely honest I've lost my train of thought after that. Uhhhhh. Oh yeah, your sister wouldn't want you take revenge for something that happened in the past if she was as kind as you say. I know that when someone I cared about died and I knew who killed her, the only thing that truly convinced me not to kill them was that she wouldn't have wanted me to. Arthur's a good man. So are the knights. You'd see that if you let us go."

"Maybe I'll talk to them about that. Guards!" She shouts. "Fetch the other prisoners. I wish to speak to them." The guards who entered left and headed down towards the dungeons.

It take about ten minutes - Arthur and the knights must have tried to resist, nincompoops - but finally the guards arrive back with my friends in tow.

"Hello again. Your friend here has been making a compelling argument as to why I shouldn't kill Arthur. And I don't think I will." I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. "However, it all depends on the next few words that leave your mouth. If you answer correctly, you can leave, nothing like this will ever happen to you again because of me. If you don't, I kill all of you, bar the servant. I'll give you a minuet to discuss. What's the most important emotion to have in grief?" And she walked out of the room, leaving us to our decision.

"He's a bandit, right, so it'll be along..."

"She" I says, correcting Arthur. "He's a she."

"What?!"

"No!"

"Really?"

"Yeah. I think she's more like her sister than she let's on though. So it's going to be an emotion like love or happiness."

"Happiness? How can you be happy when you're grieving?" Gwaine asks, confused.

"Happiness towards everything that you did together, everything you remember." Theres a pause as the knights absorbed the new information. They don't get to absorb for long though because we can hear her coming back.

"Happiness it is!" Arthur says, quickly, as she walks back into the room.

"Have you made your decision?"

"Yes," Arthur begins. "We choose..."

"Forgiveness." I blurt out. It seems really obvious now. We have to show that the thing we want is the thing we hold dearest. She's kinda clever.

She turns her head away from Arthur and looks at me, smiling. "Correct." And turning back to Arthur she murmurs somthing along the lines of "You should hold on to that one."

"Does this mean we can leave?" Percival asks.

"Yes, you know, my sister would have like you I think. Especially you Merlin. She wouldn't have wanted me to kill Arthur. I know that now. I think Freya would have been proud of me."

_______________________________________________________________________

Hey Smurfettes and Smurfs.
I updated.... Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!
Big internet cuddles and cookies to AelaTheHunter and Ravenerd_Hufflebrat. Because its nice to know I'm not talking to myself.
Have a good week.

Word count 632