Chapter 15

Joe's P.O.V

I was driving home with Brook and she hadn't spoken a word. This morning it i felt like i was pulling teeth to get a good morning and even worse, an i love you. After she she got back to the tent last night she's been different and i didn't know why. I was sure that Caspar had something to do with it, but she said he didn't so i had to believe her. But i don'tt know how much more of this i could secrecy take.

The silence was eating at me though, i needed to know what was wrong. But i knew if i asked she would shut down even more and even lie to me if she had too. But i was getting tired of listening to the same top ten songs on the radio, when it didn't cut to static due to the tall trees.

"Brook?" my voice cracked at the end she let a small laughed and turned her head from the window to me. "Yes Joey" she said her voice sounding like a ray of sunshine. "How are you?" i asked and she laughed "Really?". I adjusted myself in my seat "Yea how are you? What's going on?" i said like my dad trying to sound 'hip' and 'cool'.

"Well as we both know my life could always go a little better, other than that i'm fine." i nodded "How could it be better?" i asked. Her eyebrows knitted together and ran her fingers though her hair showing she was nervous. "Nothing" she said her voice flat.

"Brook you know you can tell me anything" i said and she let out a short hard breath. "I know" she said and her eyes went back to the window. "Brook i'm not tryi-" "Then stop questioning me and drive" she said sternly angering me a bit.

"i'm sorry" i coked out gripping the steering wheel tighter holding back form what i really wanted to say and she let out another sigh. "I didn't mean to snap at you" she said rolling her head back around. I kept my eyes on the road trying not to say something i may regret later.

She reached over and laid her hand on one of mine and loosened my grip on the wheel. She pulled it off and laced it with hers and placed a kiss on the back of it. I squeezed her hand "It's fine" i said and let out a sigh.

The rest of the hour car ride was just as quiet as the start. Only it was an easier silence, she wasn't so stand offish. She played with out entwined fingers hummed short songs that only lasted the choirs. We got into town and sighed again.

"Do we have to go back?" She asked like a child and i laughed "What do you mean?". She held my hand between both of hers "Let's go back! So we never have to leave each other!". I looked over at her to see she was completely serious. To be honest i would have loved to do that, but i had a job and she had...well me.

I smiled at her "Well go back soon if you want" and she nodded happily. I laughed and pulled up to my house. "We'll unload then go to yours" i said and she nodded letting go of my hand. I opened the boot and she grabbed one of my bags.

Brook's P.O.V

As soon as i got the bag inside spots clouded my vision. My chest was tight and my whole body was going numb. I know i was going to pass out so i b-lined it for the sofa. The whole time things were dragging and i was bumping into things.

"Shit not again" i said out loud. This had happened to me many times before, due to lack of eating. It's happened to me once before and i was so scared i cried for a whole day. I hated having no control over my body, it scars the life out of me.

There was a ringing in my ears when i sat down. I couldn't hold myself up so i rested my back against the sofa. "Brook?" Joe called out but i was to disoriented to say anything. "BROOK!" he said louder and i let out a whimper.

I saw his shadow move in the door frame and it dragged getting closer to me. I shut my eyes and just focused on breathing. "Are you ok?" i heard him asking as he picked up my arm and moved so he could be closer to me.

He moved the hair out of my face and i opened my eyes and his green eyes were more visible than ever. "Are you ok?" he said and i was so scared that i let out another whimper. He pulled me into his arms and held me tight and i could feel the tears sliding down my cheeks.

He held me for a while and slowly i came back to earth. I wrapped my arms around him and clawed at his shirt. "What happened?" He said and i started to shake knowing what was wrong with me and how he saw me. "N-nothing I'm fine" i said and he pulled back and looked me in the eye.

"Tell me" he demanded and i pushed him away "I said nothing". I stood up and frantically ran my fingers though my hair and wiped the tears away. "I um i-i have to go" i said and dashed for the door running like Bambie with numb legs and grabbed my bags out of the boot.

"Brook wait let me drive you" i shook my head and started to walk away. "You'll just ask questions!" i said and before i go further i was face to face with Joe. "No i wont, just let me take you home" i looked around and started to cry and nodded.

He grabbed my hand and i looked at the ground in shame as he walked me back to his car. He took my bags off me and threw it in the back. I got in the car and he so did he and he started the engine. He didn't ask anything like i asked the whole car ride.

When we pulled up to my place he looked over at me. "Are you really not going to tell me?" and i shook my head "there's nothing to talk about". He opened his mouth and my phone rang, it was Caspar.

I answered the call "Hello" i choked out. "Hey tomorrow evening, wear something nice" he said and i could hear the smirk on his face. Joe couldn't hear but I looked over at him and my heart sank. He had tear glossed eyes and his face was red.

"Sure whatever" i said and hung up the phone. "Joe i-" "Just go" he said and i reached for his hand but he pulled it away. "Don't be like this" i said and went for his hand, and he denied me again. "Please just go, like you always do" he said looking out the window not even looking at me.

"Fine, i love you" and he didn't respond. I opened the door got my things and got out and he quickly pulled away. I started to cry again this time with no sound or expression. I just cried like it was second hand to me, which it was.

Most of my life i cried, hardly ever in front of people. It was a sign of weakness which is why i only did it in front of people i trusted. Joe, Zoe, and Alfie. Anyone else i don't think i could handle the consequences of that.

I went up to my apartment with my bags and sat them by the door. I walked in and went to bed, but not before i called Joe four times. He didn't pick up so i would just again in the morning. I knew we shouldn't have came back to the city, everything was wrong again.

A/N: 15 votes for the next chapter, it's gonna be a good one!x