Chapter 10

A/N: 100 Votes? Um thank you sooooo much! Just wanted to thank you all! And if you want to what Brook looks like it will be off to the side!x

Brook's P.O.V

I felt something under me hard under me, it was the floor. I had rolled off the couch onto the floor, only me. I looked to see Zoe to see she wasn't laughing which no not like her. "Zoe?" she shook her head "Why didn't you tell me?".

I stood up looked down at her "Tell you what?". She huffed and stood up and looking me in the eye "You and Joe!". I broke the eyes contact an started to fix the couch "I don't know what you mean". She grabbed my arm and turned me around "I saw you last night, kissing him.".

"Zoe look i-" She cut me off "I'm so happy for you two!". I looked at her confused "What?" and she laughed "You two are so cute! And he's liked you for a while now so it's just, your just, perfect!". i shook my head "Zoe we are not a thing" she looked confused.

"But i saw you two k-" "It was a mistake" i said cutting her off. She looked speechless "Brook he likes you, a lot!" i nodded "I know.". "Then why wont you go for it?" i shrugged "Brook tell me!" she said.

"Because of things!" I shouted and she took a step back. I suddenly felt horrible "I'm sorry. I'll just walk home" i said and headed for the door. I walked out and shut the door behind me. i walked down the graveled path and down the sidewalk.

Joe's P.O.V

"Because of things!" i heard someone shout and my eyes popped open. Then i heard a door slam and Alfie shot up "What was that mate?" he questioned rubbing his eyes. I knew it was brook "Um i don't know." i said rolling over to sit on the side of the bed.

"So last night" he said and i laughed "What about it?". His face was serious "You and Brook, kissing!" i nodded "Yea, so?". He stood up and sat on the bed with me "What happened? why did she leave?".

I let out a sigh "She had been hurt my so many guys,and  i don't want to be one of them. Last night she wanted to go further and i told her no." Alfie nodded. "Your a really good friend to her" i nodded "I hear that a lot." Then there was a knock at the door "Go away Zoe!" i shouted and of course she walked in.

"What happened?" she said sitting on the other side of me. "Well-" Alfie cut me off "She wanted to do more, which I'm happy they didn't because i was in the room. But Joe told her he didn't want to hurt her so he told her no!" he said taking a deep breath.

"Who hurt her?" Zoe asked. I couldn't tell Zoe anything, i promised Brook. "um...people" i said and she knew i was holding back. "Joe do you know something?" i shook my head "No". She didn't say a word but got up and left my room."She is pissed!" Alfie said and i nodded "Fuck my life" i said letting my back hit the mattress.

Brook's P.O.V

I was about half way home and of course i was crying. I just yelled at Zoe one of my best friends, and probably lost Joe as a friend. I always mess up things for everyone, always. "I am such a fuck up!" I shouted kicking the loose dirt above the ground.

Then Zoe's car pulled up next me and i stopped. "Get in the car" she demanded and i nodded and got in the passenger side. "What have not told me?" she questioned and i shook my head "Nothing.". She shook her head "You are telling my brother things you wont even tell me! Brook you have to trust me!" she said obviously upset.

"Look Zoe i-" She cut me off "Brook you are my best friend! Either you start being honest with me or we can't be friends!" she shouted. The last thing i wanted to do was lose Zoe, so i had to come clean to her.

We sat there i i explained to her what happened with chuck. Then i told her the truth about Joe and I kiss, both of them. "Brook why didn't you tell me this?" i shrugged "There is more i havn't told you Zoe" she nodded. "But please don't be mad!" i begged and Zoe placed a hand on my shoulder "I won't be".

Joe's P.O.V

Alfie and I played a game of fiffa, i lost naturally. "Another game?" Alfie suggested. "Nah mate, I'm not really up for it" Alfie sighed and looked at me "Is it Brook?". I wanted to say no, but i couldn't. I shook my head and didn't say a word.

"Do you want my advice?" i shrugged "What ya got?". Alfie clapped his hands "Wait" i looked at him confused "You want me to wait?" Alfie nodded. "Or Zoe and I could always intervene?" i thought about i "Ya no. You and Zoe stay out of this!". 

Alfie threw his hands up in defence "Fine. Another game now?" i sighed "Sure". We played for about five minutes hen my phone rang. I looked to see i was Zoe "What?" i answered. "I dropped Brook off at home" "Is she ok?" i immediately asked.

"She's ok" Zoe said and "Zoe says she's fine" i informed Alfie. Then my phone beeped and i looked a it. Brook's picture appeared on the screen. "Hello?" i answered "Hey Joe can you talk?" I looked at Alfie who was nodding head. "Um yea" i said getting up and leaving to the room.

I walked out into the hall "What is it Brook?" and i heard her sigh. "Joe, I really can' lose you right now" i bit my lip knowing what she was talking about. "So i'll stop coming onto you and stuff, i just really cant lose you as a friend".

I let out a sigh, that's not what i thought she was talking about. "Look Brook-" I was cut off by a little sniff coming though the phone. "Brook don't cry" i begged "I'm not" she lied. "I wouldn't mind being friends" i lied trying to choke down what i waned to say.

"Really?" she ask "Yea!" i choked out and i head her sigh in relief. "Thank you Joe, this means so much to me" "Cool. Hey but i got to go in the middle of something" i lied. I was hurting to much to keep talking to her. "Um yea bye" she said and I hung up.

Friend? Was i really back here again. God i hated this more than anything. I wanted to be with brook, not be her friend. But i guess i had no choice but to be her friend. I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind and walked back in the room.

Brook's P.O.V

This was the last thing i wanted to do, but i had to keep him away. he last thing i wanted to do was bring Joe down with me. I just spilled my heart out to Zoe and even she agreed with me that this was best for me.

I dialled Joe's number "Hello?" he answered. "Hey Joe can you talk?" i waited for what seamed like forever. "Um yea" he said and i heard some shuffling then a door shut.

 "What is it Brook?" i let out a pained sigh. "Joe, I really can't lose you right now" i could feel pain in the pit of my stomach. "So i'll stop coming onto you and stuff, i really just cant lose you as a friend". I hated using that word so much.

I could feel he tears pooling in my eyes. "Look Brook-" he said and i let a whimper leave my lips. "Brook don't cry" he begged "I'm not" i lied. "I wouldn't mind being friends" he said and i wiped my eyes.

"Really?" I ask "Yea!" he choked out and i let out another painful sigh. "Thank you Joe, this means so much to me"i said not really meaning a word of what i said. "Cool. Hey but i got to go in the middle of something" he said "Um yea bye" i said and he hung up.

He was taking that better than i expected, but i couldn't. I hurt knowing i had these strong feeling for Joe but i couldn't at on them, at all. The only though in my mind now was staying away from Joe to protect him, from myself.