Chapter Thirteen

Recap: I could feel his breath hit my face as he laughed at my nerves, "why so afraid?"

"Jeydon, please," I attempted to push him away. I wasn't as strong as I had hoped, because he hardly moved. No matter how hard I tried, he stayed glued in front of me. The only thing I could do was stand, helpless, in front of him and try to maintain my composure. My eyes scanned his face, searching for any sign of wavering. He shifted slightly, placing a hand on my shoulder.

The light hit his clenched jaw as he inhaled. He hadn't said anything and it was driving me crazy. I tried again to push him away. This time he let me. His hand fell, leaving my shoulder exposed to the cool air.

"Fine," he sighed defeated. His shoulders slumped, his eyes were glued to the floor and he walked as if he was supporting the weight of the world. He moved to the window I had just closed. He placed his hands on either side of the window pane. Bending down, he stared out the window. "What are we doing Kyra?"

I let out a sarcastic chuckle, "What are you talking about?" He hasn't been straightforward with me in so long, I just want one honest answer. "Jeydon, you have been nothing but cold and distant. Not to mention cryptic." It was my turn to assume a menacing stance. I inched closer to him. "I just want one honest answer." I continued to decrease the distance between us. "Tell me what is going on inside that thick head of yours or so help me god, I will-" I stopped short, realizing that I had nothing to threaten him with.

I thought about kicking him out on the streets, but for some reason that didn't appeal to me very much. I thought about anything I could do that would warrant the stigma of a threat, but none of it appealed to me.

Jeydon decided to stand, towering over me once again, undermining my once challenging stance, "you'll do what exactly?"

I didn't have an answer for him so I just sighed, "just tell me."

I wasn't expecting his next move. He moved his hand up and threaded it through my hair. He wasn't looking me in the eyes. His eyes were trained on his hand. "You really want to know what's going on in my head?" he whispered.

I scoffed, probably ruining whatever moment was beginning to brew, "I do believe I asked that very question less than two minutes ago."

His eyes flickered to mine, humor completely barren from his eyes, "I am wondering when it happened."

His hand made its way to my cheek and rested there. I was growing impatient of his cryptic words. I can't stress enough how desperate for an answer I was.

"Jeydon," I urged, "get to the fucking point please."

He laughed, a genuine laugh. There was nothing dark, or brooding about it. It was light, happy, and made my heart race.

"I was wondering when you stole me."

He moved his face closer and closer to my face until I could feel his minty breath on my face once again.