Sadness NOT An Attribute Of Muslims

Start from the beginning

Dont forget ' what goes around comes around.'

Appreciate life DONT GET LOST IN IT. 

The biggest jihad ( strife in Allahs path) is not to kill people, but is to battle your own soul, to fight the evil within yourself.

A great scholar once said that, ' if you find darkness in your heart after you sinned, know then that in your heart there is light, because of this light you felt the darkness.'

Dont lose hope, because Allah makes sure that what was meant for you will never miss you and what missed you was never meant for you.

Just dont get lost in the worldly affairs. Know your limits in this world. 

Well, lets assume that you really love the dessert your mom made and you dont want to fill your tummy with food, because its craving only the dessert. But well mum wont let you touch it before you eat some dinner first. So what do you do? You obviously eat just a little food that would satisfy your mother and then jump on the dessert and eat till you cant even stand!!!  

The same way know your limits in this world. Know where to stop over here. Satisfy Allah with your prayers and ibadah (worship) and then ull be free to RUN towards Jannah (Heaven).  

Our soul craves for the bliss and wonders of Jannah. Dont fill your soul with the evils of this world, rather fill it with the remembrance of Allah.

"When love of this world enters the heart, fear of the Hereafter exits from it. Beware of worldy distractions, for no servant opens a door of this world without several doors of the Hereafter being shut for him."

When you make a supplication, either Allah will answer your prayers soon, or He will store it up for you for the hereafter, or He will remove a difficulty, which might happen in the future in your life, which is equivalent to what your asking for. 

And when i say stores it up for the hereafter it means that when your sins and good deeds are being measured and the weight of your sins is more than the good deeds then, Allah will add these unanswered supplications to the list of your good deeds.

Our sins may have burdened us heavily, but when we measure it against the Grace of our Lord, His forgiveness will always come out greater.

Following desires blocks one from the truth, and having worldy hopes makes one forget the Hereafter. 

Allah gave you this world so that you may seek the Hereafter with it, not for you to desire it.

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:

"This world, in comparison with the world to come (The hereafter), is the same as if one of you were to put his finger in the ocean.Consider how much (water) you would have (on your finger) when you pulled it out."

Death is another issue isnt it? I mean, some people dont like life yet dont want to die!! While others wish they were died or that they'd die sooner than later.

The Prophet (pbuh) has said, 'None of you should wish for death due to problems he/she faces. If he/she intends to wish then he/she should wish like this- 

Allah humma ahyine ma kanatil-hayatu khairan le, wa tawaffani izza kanatil-wafatu khairan le. 

( Oh Allah! Give me life so long as life is good for me, and take away my life if death is good for me).'

Allah created us. We are His. And He has all the right to take us back. Just like you borrow something from someone and you know that you have to return the thing back, the same way our life is borrowed from Him. And He can take it back whenever He wants to.

It doesnt mean we cant mourn, it just means we should stop bickering about it, and be happy that the one we lost is in a better place.  

Whenever you think of that person you lost, just pray for him. Pray for him to be protected from the punishments of the Grave and the fires of Hell, pray that you meet that person in Jannah. Be happy, not sad that his journey here ended.

The Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) lost his two sons. One of his sons was crawling/walking ( like old enough for parents to really really get attached to them, i know even when a new born dies how hard it is for parents but when a little older kid dies ahhhh its insane'er') 

So anyways the Prophet (pbuh) was crying and saying that,' Allah am not crying because i dont appreciate your plan for me and my family, am crying because these tears aren't under my control and i cant stop them.' His wife Bibi Ayesha then asked him why not make dua for their son and ask Allah to bring him back to life, every Prophet is allowed a supplication after all. 

And my beloved Prophet, the most lovely Prophet said, ' i am storing that supplication for the Day of Judgement to ask pardon for my Ummah (my people/followers).

So dont,DONT get lost in this world. Make the Prophet proud of you. Make Allah proud of you. 

Allah has blessed us with such a great Prophet, dont do anything that would make him unhappy.

On the Day of Judgement when every Prophet will be waiting with there Ummaties ( followers) near the gates of Jannah, Mohammad sallalahu alaihe wasalam (pbuh) will be sitting near the gates of hell asking for forgiveness for the sinful people of his Ummah.

And remember that, no grave has the sign saying ' for senior citizens only.' So try to be ready at all times, no matter how old you are. Be prepared at all times, repent as much as you can, whenever you can. Allah might just call you next, so make sure you go to Him with a clean slate, with a thick book of rewards.

Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "When carried to his grave, a dead person is followed by three things, two of which return (after his burial) and one remains with him: his relative, his property, and his deeds follow him; relatives and his property go back while his deeds remain with him."

"Though we know death is certain, we have not prepared ourselves for it.

Though we know paradise is definite, we have not worked for it.  

Though we know the hell fire is certain, we have not feared it.

So why are you delighted?

What are you waiting for?

Death is the first visitor from the Almighty bringing good or evil tidings... so get closer to your Lord!"

A short supplication: 

O Allah, You are my Lord, there is none worthy of worship but You.You created me and i am Your slave. I keep my covenant and pledge to You as far as i am able. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what i have done. I admit to Your blessings, and i admit to my misdeeds. Forgive me, for there is none who may forgive sins but You. Ameen