Meeting... Again

Meeting... Again:

Alphys:
Your embarrassment faded within a few days time and you soon you found yourself parking in the lot of Best Buy again, more movie cases in hand. You had just been casually strolling towards the front doors, twirling your plastic bag of DVDs around your wrist and whistling a small tune. That was until you ran straight into someone. As you struggled to regain your balance but soon fell on the ground anyway, you began to wonder if this place was bad luck, and upon opening your eyes and recognizing a yellow-skinned monster towering over you, you didn't wonder anymore - you knew. You swiftly gathered your bag back into your arms and stood up, brushing yourself off as the creature before you stuttered out inaudible mutters and shifted her weight from foot to foot anxiously. You laughed slightly which surprised her straight out of her previous shock.
"I'm am so sorry. I swear I'm not purposely embarrassing myself in front of you." An awkward, lop-sided smile came upon her face once you said that, a small bead of sweat appearing on her forehead.
"Ah, no. I-It's my fault." She looked shamefully to the ground and the defeated look on her face felt like a punch to the gut. It reminded you someone...
Carefully, you laid a hand on her shoulder, patting it lightly to get her attention. Once her eyes drifted back to you and a small blush arose, you smiled kindly. "Well... Want to go get some lunch to make up for it?" The idea popped in your head, and you couldn't stop the words from escaping your mouth.
More perspiration appeared, and she seemed to be trembling slightly. "Like a-a date? I-I mean - I'veneveractuallybeenonadatewithacutepersonbeforeIdon'tevenknowifI'mproperlydressedreally-"
You couldn't help the chuckle that slipped from your throat, interrupting her small rant. "Sorry, you don't exactly have to think of it like a date. More like, a completely platonic encounter. Just two people sharing a meal." Smooth recovery.
She eyed you carefully before smiling slightly. "Y-Yeah. I think I'd like that." She paused. "I'm Alphys, b-by the way."
"Nice to meet you, Alphys."

~+~

Asgore:
It was okay to be curious, right? It was perfectly normal to feel pulled toward someone just because you needed a few answers, correct? You convinced yourself it was on the way through the botanical garden you had only visited two days prior. Your mind kept wandering back to the king you had previously encountered, many questions echoing in your mind before they were suddenly driving you crazy, sending you loose to find the fuzzy monster all over again. It was odd how you remembered the trip back to your bench so clearly, but you brushed off that fact and took a seat upon it, waiting. And so, there you waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. Until..! No, it was just a child skipping past. A child you felt like you recognized, perhaps from the previous visit?
"Frisk!" There was a deep, loud huffing not far off. You sunk into the wood, trying to mold yourself against it, become invisible. "I cannot keep up with you when you run so fast!"
In a blob of gray, followed a large figure dragging himself along in order to catch up with the kid who had just gone by, you supposed. His head hung low as his chest heaved, before his face slightly tilted in your direction. His expression lit up at the sight of you, a small, kind smile on his snout that made you feel welcomed, but... oddly saddened.
"Howdy!" His voice was so lighthearted it reminded you of a child. He seemed so innocent and yet the bass of his voice told otherwise. "I so badly want to say, 'would you like a cup of tea?' But..." You had a feeling he's said this before. "I don't have any on my person right now."
"It's okay," you mumbled quietly, finding yourself uncomfortably shy when faced up against the friendly presence.
"Did you see a small child go by, only a few seconds before?"
You pointed to the left, eyes surveying the gravel path intently as you looked anywhere but him.
"Thank you." His appreciation seemed short, cut-off, like he was missing something.
"(Y/N)," you said, but felt like you had reminded him.
He nodded, smile faltering until he continued his trek down the path. You felt lost.