37. • enchanted •

[to all who have experienced moments considered to be everlasting dreams.]

  • • • •
                |TWO MONTHS LATER|

"I think the word you're looking for is completely enamored," Emilia gushed with a keen smirk towards the elder.

It'd been nearly minutes after both women had helped Cassandra through the grueling process of makeup, decorating her pristine skin with ever so delicate color. They surely fortified every breathtaking feature the artist harbored. And although the evident glow on the young brunette's face could be credited to the speck of blush applied to her cheeks, the blonde seemed adamant that the rouge hue resting on her complexion had nothing to do with the makeup. Instead, she was convinced of the more undeniable fact that she would marry the love of her life in just a matter of hours.

"I like that reason better," Betsy chuckled sweetly.

It wasn't long before she faced the mirror with avid determination to make sure her own appearance was up to par with the glorious occasion. The elder's red nails grazed by her skin as she perfected her lipstick, and before she knew it, the older blonde found herself reminiscing on her precious Cassandra. She smiled as the artist walked over to the grand mirror and sat; her own reflection being displayed upon it of which did nothing but send chills over Cassandra herself. The delicate and angelic gown enveloping her was breathtaking, and it seemed as if every movement she made ignited lovely specs of diamonds to shimmer. Truthfully, the artist had never been one to be overly concerned with excessive makeup, and while the way her complexion was adorned felt rather natural, it didn't change the fact that she felt gorgeous with just a mere glance. A meek smile played on her lips as she focused on Emilia behind her— fixing each delicate curl within the elegant hairdo —and deemed it impossible for either of them to deny the amazing milestone seemingly hours away.

"Oh, dear... She just looks like an angel."

Cassandra blushed at Betsy's words as she kept her gaze fixed on the mirror. It was pretty difficult to fight the urge of an emotion, and while she was incredibly excited for what would transpire, the constant trembling of her hands suggested otherwise. Any sort of fear was definitely not involved in the inability to stay still. The jolt of energy through her veins could only be considered as pure adrenaline on her part, and it was nearly impossible to soothe herself.

"You really do look amazing, Cassandra."

The brunette smiled towards Paola's compliment. If there was one thing Cassandra was sure of, is that all of the women surrounding her seemed to exude the exact beauty she knew each obtained. Paola's fiery strands of hair seemed to only intensify the beauty against the aquamarine satin enveloping her, and she could only grin in awe at the sight. She wanted positively everyone she'd ever grown to love to be present that day, which eventually included the redhead and her blue-eyed Francisco to attend the happy ceremony. The inevitable friendship didn't even served as a surprise for her any longer. Her snippets seemed to only warn her of things that would happen whether she saw them to be plausible or not.

"My God, you're shaking, Cassy." Emilia furrowed her brows before placing her hands on top of Cassandra's shoulders.

An evident smirk played on Shay's lips— Cassandra noticed through the reflection —and it wasn't long before the blonde stood on her feet, letting the aquamarine satin material effortlessly flow down to her feet. She looked ravishing in her gown, and while Shay certainly felt grateful for a decent bridesmaid dress— unlike the ones she'd seen in every cheesy movie— she felt as if no one could ever outshine the bride's commanding presence and beauty.