Uta x Vampire! Reader

You let out an aggravated huff as you walked with your "precious" mentor. The old coot was the one who dared train and teach you in the ways of the vampire. "Humans, food. Ghouls, enemies." At least, that's all you ever got from his long ramblings.

"(Name), please pay attention. The streets are a dangerous place. I cannot stress enough how you must be observant of your surroundings," Frederick sighed.

"Oh, can it, gramps. I grew up on the street, remember? That's how I got tangled up in this crap..." you scoffed.

"Vampires have managed to remain fairly low-profile. You must not draw attention to yourself. Don't you dare challenge our rules. Next thing you know, the war on ghouls will be on vampires," the elderly vampire said sternly.

"Whatever..." you groaned in frustration before noticing a sign for a mask shop. "Hey gramps, can we check that place out?"

"You can. I must get to the market before noon," the old geezer said before briskly striding away.

'Figures. Old coot can't even count to ten without making plans to be somewhere,' you thought, walking towards the mask shop. 'Hysy Art Studio, huh?'

You put on the best fake smile you could before walking in, only to find it was empty.

"Hello?" you called. "Is anyone in here?"

After searching around a little, you felt a presence behind you. Swiftly, you spun around and greeted the stranger with a quick "hello".

However, your heart pounded when you took in his appearance. Ghoul eyes (you faintly recalled Frederick had called them kakugan), black hair in an asymmetrical half-shaved style tied back, multiple piercings, and several tattoos. Over all, he was hot, in your opinion. Even if he was a ghoul.

"May I help you?" you asked after a minute of you both just staring at each other. (to which you mentally facepalmed at)

"I should be asking you. You...don't smell human. And you don't smell like a ghoul. What are you?" he asked.

"Vampire, buddy. I'm here to look at masks. I'm guessing you wouldn't mind if I purchased one, would you?" you laughed.

The man simply smiled (yes, he SMILED. Deal with it, bruh.)

*Le Timeskip of Magical Pasta*

It had been nearly two months since you first met the mysterious ghoul known as Uta, and you could already call the two of you good friends (though you often wished you were more).

However, Frederick had begun noticing that you would go to Anteiku frequently. Of course, he knew that it was run by ghouls, so he was rather displeased, though he said little (at least from what you had heard).

"(Name), off to Anteiku again?" Frederick sighed as you walked out the door. "Why must you cause so much trouble...?"

"Uta-san!" you greeted cheerfully as you sat down at a table with the handsome ghoul.

"Ah, (Name)-chan. I finally finished your mask," Uta said with a happy look in his eyes (which only you could see through the lenses of his sunglasses). You could tell that if you were alone, he would be smiling right now.

"Really? Can I see it soon?" you asked, noting that he probably didn't bring it with him.

"Of course, just come by later," he said.

...Little did you know that he would be asking you to be his girlfriend when you went to pick your new mask up.