Chapter 1

The audience in the concert room was quiet. With the only sound was the tapping of dress shoes as a young girl walked across the stage toward a piano. Sitting herself at the piano she payed no mind to her audience. She raised her hands toward the piano keys and began to play. Her eyes closed as she lost herself in the piece forgetting that there were other eyes on her. She's practiced this piece so much and memorized it note by note, so there was no need for sheet music.

It's during times like this when she can be herself, to show a different side of her that people rarely see. She didn't care about the eyes watching her or the bright spotlight or that she was alone on the stage.

She paused, her hands hovering over the piano keys. The concert room was silent for a few seconds before she continued to play the piano. Faster and faster her fingers ran along the keys with her eyes still closed as the music build. Every note putting the audience in a deep trance unlike the other recitals before her. until the final note echoed throughout the hall. Releasing a breath she's held inside the entire performance and lowered her hands.

The audience stood up, applauding the beautiful performance as she bowed before walking off the stage. Behind the curtains there were other students who've already given their performance. Watching with jealous glares from back stage. The young girl was use to these glares, it's nothing new since they glare at her all time at school.

She ignored them and made her way to her choir classroom to grab her coat and bags. She left the room to meet her family. But an arm shot out from behind her wrapping itself around her neck.

"Hey there sis! You were awesome up there!! You should go professional!!" Said the always cocky voice of her big brother.

"Brett, let me go! Didn't mom and dad tell you to stop putting me in chokeholds!" The young girl said as she tried to pry herself from his grip. Brett just laughed not letting up on his grip.

"Aw, don't be like that sis! You know this is how I give hugs!" He said.

"Do you also do this to your girlfriend?"

"What?! Of course no! I would never do something like that to my girl!"

"Then please, don't do it to your sister!" To her relief, somebody pulled Brett away letting her breath. Turning around she saw Brett pulled by the ear by a beautiful tall girl. With fair skin and long chestnut hair and eyes. Her full pink lips stretched out into a thin line as she tugged on Brett's ear.

"Aw come on hun! This is how a brother and sister suppose to act! Now please let me go?" He said, but that only made her pull harder. "ACK!! Oh come on Amy!!"

"Let's go, your parents are waiting up front!" Amy winked at the young girl as she dragged her boyfriend away making him beg to have his ear released. His sister laughed and followed them. She spotted her parents sitting on a bench in the school's lobby. They were too busy kissing to notice them. Both of her parents were stunning creatures. Her mother was tall, around 5' 11 and fit with smooth ebony skin and eyes. Her long curly hair like black silk laid on her back hanging right above her hip. But her father was extra extraordinary.

He was taller than most men, standing around 6' 4. He had smooth white skin, almost like living marble. To top off his exotic appearance his hair was flaming read and long. Pulled back and tied into a single braid and draped over his shoulder. With his appearance and the powerful air surrounding him it seemed like he couldn't be human. Well, he isn't. The young woman's father is a fae. A powerful one with the gift to control fire. Even though he looked slim with no ounce of muscle she knew that her father had the strength to best anybody. Her mother was human but her kind complexion is no laughing matter as well. She's a retired huntress, but her skills are still as sharp as ever.