Chapter Twenty: I'm Still Your Brother

Start from the beginning

Rodrick

   The book shook in my hands. The presence behind me was right over my shoulder now, reading word for word what I had read.

   I felt a hand drape on my shoulder as Darren turned me around to face him.

   "We should go talk to Jeremy. Find out what all this is about."

   I nodded my head robotically. letting Darren pull me along by my hand as I clutched the book in the other.

   I was so far in my daze that I hadn't realized our fingers were interlocked. Or that he was he one who had done it.

   Lucky for us Jeremy was at home. And when he saw us he practically ran to me.

   "Alpha Silas what's the matter."

   Before I could start talking. Darren had started to relay what had happened to him. Starting from the message on my phone. That he could apparently hear since I played it a good five time. To the journal and my fathers words. Conveniently skipping the part where my father and his used to sleep together.

   Jeremy sat us down on the sofa in his house, as he sat across from us.

   "Silas I made a promise to my best friend to keep these secrets until they needed to be told. And I don't feel as if they need to be told just yet." Jeremy said calmly. I felt rage bubbling in my throat.

   "My brother has run away and I don't know why Jeremy. I think this is a good a time as any."

   He nodded his head then let out a sigh.

   "There was a war back then. And still to this day it wages on in the side lines. A war of were and shifter. Shifter think we're weak for the fact we can only turn to one form. The war is hundreds, maybe thousand years old. It stared with twin. Tobias and Tabitha. Their father was a wolf. But their mother was a shifter. So from that, Tobias became a shifter, and his twin became the wolf. Tabitha was a great woman, a loving soul and a caring mother. But Tobias was hateful and mean. Doing everything he could to slow his twin down and to belittle her. Finally she had enough. And fought back. There was blood and tears He killed her children and she killed his mate. There parents commit suicide not able to handle the shame of there children's war. Finally many years later. A truce was called. A young vampire by the name of Lilith had, had enough of there childish banter. Wolves were to stay on one side of the world. And shifters another.

   For many years that rule was abided. But f course things happen and people move. But the bad blood still lingers. That's why Rick and Marshall had to hide what they had. Samantha agreed to help cover there secret. Rodrick and Sam had one night together. And that was the night you were conceived Silas."

   "What- What about Symon.. and Raylin?" I asked, my voice shaking.

   "When you were a baby Marshall's older brother Charles found out about the affair. He forced Marsh to conceive with a shifter. Annabella died in childbirth. Marshall had plans on running after the child was born. But then she died and he had to care for the baby. So he ran here. To Rick. Of course Rick took in Symon no problem. Then Marshall left with the promise of keeping in touch. He went into hiding from his brother. Raylin. She is not my story to tell. That you will have to find out."

   "What about the abuse. If Symon is the child of his mate why did he-"

   "Rodrick lost his mind Silas. Being away from ones mate does nasty things to the mind. He never laid a hand on your brother though. He may have been scary and yelled. But he didn't lay a finger on his head. He couldn't do it. Not to Symon, not to Marshall."

   I put my head in my hands trying to understand all that I was hearing. I felt a hand rub my back gently. I heaved a sigh and looked up to Jeremy. Meeting his black eyes.

   "Where is Marshall now?" I asked trying to calm my shaking hands.

   "He died. He was killed a week before your father killed himself."

   Stunned. Stunned was the word that flew in my head. Why was I only hearing this now. Were they waiting for Charles to come here and tell me. Let my guard be shot down.

   "Why now? Why am I only hearing this now?"

   "Symon was to tell you before any of this happened. But he couldn't He had stopped by before he left. Told me there was never the right time. Silas I'm sorry, if I had known." He shook his head.

   I didn't blame Symon. I couldn't I understood. He was scared. The man that chased his father down and most likely killed him was on his way here. Most likely for him.

   My body shook thinking about it. My baby brother. Out there by himself. Alone.

   I stood up from where I sat and squared my shoulders.

   I wasn't going to let this drag me down. I was going to face this head on. Face Charles head on. For Symon, Marshall, My father. And for Star.

   I had to. For them.