Chapter Twenty: I'm Still Your Brother

Start from the beginning

   "It's not that bad. We could use the walk." I said casually. I let my eyes wonder on his form. The muscles on his stomach moving with each step. His black eyes not caching his best friend subtly checking him out.

   Though the smirk on his face told me he knew. I didn't fee awkward about openly staring at him. Jere and I used to mess around. That was until he met Julie and we had to stop. Much to my dismay.

   "This is no walk. This is a way to torture us for not staying on guard like we were suppose to."

   "Eh, that's not my fault."

   "Yes it is! You were the one that pulled me from post to go to Ian's dumb party. I shouldn't even be going to parties. I have a pregnant mate! She needs me."

   "What she needs is a good -"

   "Don't you dare Rick."

   I rolled my eyes. We continued our walk. One hour down one hour to go. I was relishing for the day the pack agreed on using those new auto carriages. No horse required. What a dream.

   "I'm not doing this on the way back. I'm shifting I can't do this again." Jeremy huffed as he wiped his forehead.

   "We'll bound our clothes to our ankles. Take a dip in the pond near by and shift tell we reach No Mans we'll shift back be dry before anyone is the wiser."

   Jeremy chuckled patting a hand on my back. "This my friend. This is why you're to be Alpha."

   I smiled. A twinge of pride finding itself in my chest. I wiped a strand of my black hair from my face before I focused myself back on the walk ahead.

   We finally made it to the Oliva's store. They had there own shop in the town, even though they are wolves from the pack. Mr. Oliva says it's a nice way to stay level headed.

   But I'm pretty sure he's nuts so I really don't listen to half the things he says.

   "I don't know. Julie said she was having some pain. She was stressing out this morning. She's only three months. But its her first pregnancy so we don't know the norm yet. She wants a pack of kids hey. Like a lot. I'm going to be changing diapers tell I'm in my hundreds." Jeremy ranted on. I just nodded my head and looked at the spices on the shelf. Not really looking at what I was seeing.

   I could feel a pull from behind me. Like I needed to turn around. But before I could I heard a crash and glass breaking.

   I turned to face the most beautiful person I had ever seen in my life.

   Brown eyes that held the fresh forest floor. Waiting for flowers to be planted. Blond hair that shined so brightly.

   I kneeled down, helping them collect the large shards of glass from the floor and tossed them in the near by trash can.

   "I am so sorry." A voice like an angel too. My God how could one get so lucky.

   I smiled. Trying to contain it to a normal size, and not one that you would see on a crazy which. "It's fine. I'm Rodrick. But call me Rick." I said holding my hand out.

   Their smaller, more delicate hand fit perfectly into my large one. I small smile graced there perfect lips.

   "Marshall." He replied

   The Goddess fixed me with the perfect mate. We had spent the day with Marshall after. Apparently his pack was roaming the area for a place to stay.

I wish I could assure him he could stay with us. But there was a problem.

Marshall is a shifter. And nothing good could from that.