Chapter Twenty: I'm Still Your Brother

Start from the beginning

   I still beat him though.

   We made it to the clearing and I saw most of the group just getting there too. Darren stood on the far side of the field with no shirt on and low riding blue gym shorts.

   Thank you Goddess for this wonderful gift.

   Darren and I had kept Star's presence on the down low. Not many people knew he was with us, unless they had contact with him, when he was with us. A few of the pack members looked at him curiously, but then went back to what they were doing. Knowing better then to stick there nose in something that wasn't there business.

   "Hey." I greeted Darren when we finally made our way to him. He nodded his head. And my head drifted to the night before when I felt his arm on me.

   I wouldn't dare bring it up. Knowing how fragile our relationship was at this point in time.

   "Symon been here yet?"

   "Symon hasn't been here al morning. He's normally here by now." Darren shrugged.

   I felt my heart jump and pulled out my cell phone. The voice mail notification hit me in the face.

   God I'm stupid.

   I opened my voice mail and waited for the message to start playing.

   "Hey Silas. It's me. I um- I don't know how to tell you this. But I'm leaving for a bit. With them coming tomorrow I have to leave. I know I should have told you. I'm sorry. You'll find out everything soon. Don't look for me. I'll be back. I love you Silas. Remember no matter what I'm still your brother"

   "Silas. Silas are you okay? You're not looking well. Silas-" Darren's voice turned into an echo around me. My heart dropped to my feet as I replied the message again and again.

   I didn't think. I turned around and bolted out of the clearing towards his house.

   The run was a blur. I pretty much ran over anyone in my may and got to his house in record time.

   I swung open the door hitting the wall behind it. Frankly I didn't care if I made a hole in it. I ran throughout the house calling Symons name, and getting nothing in response.

   I was frantic, looking in every corner, under the sofa cushions. I didn't know what to do.

   Finally I stopped in Symons small office, a room across the hall from his bedroom. It was painted a light blue, with steal desk in font of the window. There was a bookshelf off to the side and a arm chair beside it.

   I made my way to his desk. Sitting on it was a single book. A medium size brown book with one word scribbled across the top in cursive.

   Rodrick

   I grabbed the book with shaky hands. I could feel a presence behind me but I didn't bother looking. I sat in the desk chair and flipped the book to the first page

   May 22ed 1914

   I had to get a new book for this tail. For the new road ahead of me. Though my journals are only three. I still felt the need to buy a new one with the new event going on in my life. Plus my old one was starting to tear

   I should start from the beginning.

   Today was a hot day. And my father, Alpha Alphonse had decided it was best for Jeremy and I to go to town and pick up some supplies for the feast that was coming up.

   "This is dumb." Jeremy grumbled beside me. His black hair sticking to his face with sweat. I looked no better I presumed. Our outfits clung to us. The light brown khakis pants sticking to our legs. Jeremy had rid of his light blue button down shirt a few miles back and wore only the suspenders. I on the other hand just undid my white shirt and let the breeze catch in the fabric.