"Oh Austin, of course you could of stayed with her, do you love her?" She asked and I nodded. She gave me a pitiful smile and then hugged me. "Are you hungry for dinner?" She asked in a soft voice. A change from her tone before.

"No I ate at the fair, thanks though" I smiled. She ran her thumb against my cheek with a mirrored smile before she turned around to get something out of the fridge.

I didn't realise until now that I didn't tell my gang that I left. So, while I was walking up the stairs I pulled my phone out and messaged them a brief message telling them I drove back home.

My room welcomed me with a comfortable and warm feeling that I was thankful for. I slipped in a DVD into the DVD player which was connected to my TV and after picking up the remote I lied back on the bed. I rested my hands behind my bed and stared at the blaring screen with Avery running through my thoughts. I shook her out of my head though, just so I could peacefully watch The Fast and The Furious.

"You know my brother likes you" Mia looked at Brian. "Usually he doesn't like anybody"

"Yeah, he's a complicated guy" Brian answered.

I couldn't imagine Jake liking me. Ever. He did at first but now he absolutely hates me. He sure was a complicated guy and I was too. I was tired from the dance practice and dance performance I had today, so I found myself dozing in and out of consciousness.

The next morning, I woke up feeling the total opposite to refreshed. I didn't even want to get up, there was just this build up of guilt. But, I did get up. I took a quick shower, got changed and went downstairs to eat breakfast. The place was empty since my mum left to go to work and my dad was out. Somewhere. As I was eating my bacon burger the home phone rang so I reached over the bench to answer it.

"Austin I won't be home tonight" My mum informed me over the phone.

"Why not?"

"The workers in the hospital are decreasing and they need me to do extra work" She sounded like she was stressed.

"Oh okay. Do you want me to come in or anything?" I asked.

"No it's okay. Thank you, I have to go, love you"

"Love you too" I answered before hanging up and putting the phone back on the set.

I quickly finished off my bacon burger for some reason. Since I didn't think I had anything to do yet. Or did I? I walked up to my room and began pacing it. What was I going to do today? While I thought I lit a cigarette and sucked in and blew out. I really had to stop smoking. It was a bad habit, especially at what 7 in the morning?

Then I looked out my open window and into Avery's room. I'm not creepy or anything. She had her curtain open. Her car. Okay I didn't know how her Honda NSX popped into my mind but it did. It was in my garage and when I put myself in her shoes I'd realised she wouldn't want to pick it up. So I will.

I got her spare keys from my desk, got my keys off my bedside table, picked out a jumper from my cupboard, slipped on some shoes and walked out of the house. I locked the front door and climbed into my Chevelle SS, since my Skyline was safely at my garage being modifed for tonights race. That Jake and his gang and his sister, my ex-girlfriend, Avery would be at. Since Jake was the one organising the race. Like he does with many of the previous ones.

When I arrived at the garage Andre and Kinsgley were the only ones there. Even that surprised me, they rarely got up at 7 in the morning, let alone the morning. "What are you guys doing, up?" I teased.

"Working on our cars" Andre answered.

"Alright" I said. I looked as they both were busy. "I'm going now" I said slowly. "Can one of you bring my car back when you're ready?" I asked as I walked over to Avery's Honda.