Chapter 19

Travis in the mm

Travis

I had just picked Callie up from Tima's mom. She'd been over there a whole week. I missed my little baby man.

After the fight at the house we had to get everything cleaned up. Couldn't bring my baby back home to that mess.

It started to rain a little bit as we headed home. Baby girl was in the back talking gibberish and I was agreeing like I understood.

My phone rang causing me to cut my conversation with my baby short.

"Hold dat thought Callie. We gon' finish dis hea conversation in a minute." I held up my finger to her signaling I needed a minute as if she understood.

"Hella?"

"Baby can you stop and get ice cream?"

"Ya gotta have ice cream right na Bella?" I groaned cause I ain't want to stop.

"Yes baby please I need it. Cookies and cream please. I'll love you forever."

"Yeah ya betta' you ain't got a choice."

"So that's a yes?!" She squealed.

"Yea baybeh I'll get it." I laughed at her excitement.

"K love you hurry up."

"Love you too ma." I hung up the phone.

"Okay na what happened Callie?"

We made small talk before I pulled into cvs parking lot. Getting out the car I took Callie out her car while throwing my jacket over us and running for the store.

Once inside the store I let Callie down which was s bad idea because she took off.

I chased her around the store for a while letting her think she was really fast before I finally grabbed her.

She was laughing and screaming so loud all the people was looking at us crazy.

"Mind y'all business." I blurted out causing them to look away.

Placing Callie on my hip I grabbed a couple things for myself before getting Bella's ice cream.

When I got to the check out line the old lady was at the register by herself taking forever.

I know they see she old as hell get her ass off the floor. She was pissing me off.

Getting impatient I finally spoke up. "My damn ice cream gon' melt waitin on mrs.daisy ova hea. Somebody come relieve ha she ti'ed."

The old lady mugged me while the others in line agreed. They agreeing but wasn't gone say nothing ain't that some shit.

"I'm sorry sir can I help?" Some young girl opened her register to check me out.

"Yea I wanna check out before she graduated." I said referring to Callie.

"Sorry about that." She sympathized.

I just nodded my head I was ready to get out this store and head home to my woman.

Our house was literally a block away so it would take me no time to get they.

Paying for my stuff and grabbing my bags I exited cvs with Callie. It had stopped raining which was a good thing.

Placing my things in the car I was about to put Callie in her car seat.

"Dada?" She called out pointing to her untied shoe.

I kneeled down to tie her white chucks.

"Ya gotta learn how ta tie ya shoe soon Callie. Wasn't ya just listenin to Beyoncé grown woman yesterday? Dat mean ya ain't a baby no mo'." I chuckled.