Chapter 2

Travis in the mm 😍

Travis

College wasn't where I thought I'd be at 23, but it's where I needed to be so I got my ass here. I had to get out of New Orleans and away from my mama. I loved her but the woman's priorities were all fucked up. So me and my lil brother packed up and came to the H. I wanted to get on my acting and have a degree to fall back on just incase it didn't work out. Yung was still undecided on what he wanted to do but as long as he was out the streets I was cool. He really all I got besides my little girl and I can't imagine losing him man.

I learned a long time ago these streets ain't for me. They will chew you up and spit you out. I been that nigga but I ain't bragging on it. I got a whole other life to provide for. Fuck them streets. All the money ain't shit if you ain't alive to spend it.

I cleared my thoughts as I pulled into the campus parking lot I had a 10 o'clock biology class. I never understood why they made you take all these unnecessary classes that had nothing to do with your major. Really just wasting a nigga time.

I smoked a blunt before I left the house so I was chilling. As I was walking to the science building I seen a crowd of people all packed around what I'm guessing was a fight. Niggas too damn grown to be up here fighting. Ghetto asses need to be learnt something.

Shaking my head I joined the crowd to see what was all the commotion about. I'm a nigga we nosey.

To my surprise I see a officer holding Bella as she kicked and screamed.

"So y'all gone kill me too! Is it because I'm black because I'm black." She flailed around in the officers arms like a child throwing a tantrum. I watched honestly amused she didn't seem like the type to say much of anything. I was intrigued.

"No mam it's because you were brushing your teeth at water fountain on a campus where you are currently not enrolled. You are trespassing and will be taken to jail if seen here again doing student things when you clearly aren't a student" The officer continued to hold Bella by her arms like she was some criminal shit was really too much. Everybody just watched but ain't nobody say shit.

"Bitch I will fuck you u-"

Before Bella could finish I pushed pass the hood rats and grabbed her from the officers hold.

"Aye she ain't gone come back she understand I'a handle it from hea man"

The officer gave me a look of sympathy with a pat on the back. "Good luck son you gone need it. She yo problem now." Bella rolled her eyes clearly annoyed with the whole situation.

"Da hell yall staring at take ya ugly asses to class or sumn. Half y'all got kids at home ain't ate since yesterday."

Bella was crying again and them staring wasn't helping the process. "Look hea baybeh ya gotta calm down." I lifted her chin so she could look at me. "Ya don't know me but I see ya outchea strugglin' da hell ya brushin ya teeth at da water fountain fa anyway?" She looked away yet again.

"It's just I just... I don't have nowhere to go and I can't go home and I needed to brush my teeth. Is it a crime to brush yo damn teeth." She scrunched her face up and I chuckled. "I just I got a lot going on." She sighed before staring off into space. She honestly looked exhausted and I wanted nothing more than to help her out this little funk she was in.

"Look hea don't say no off the bat but if ya need somewehea ta sleep fa a couple days you can crash at my crib. We friends right? Let me help ya ma." She was hesitant before she finally sighed shaking her head. I smiled happy she agreed. Baby girl was beautiful and I honestly ain't want her outchea down bad like this.