Darker Than Black: KS306 (FanFic)

Written By: DGrayManLover

Prologue,

--Kaede's POV--

Kaede is my name, killing is my game. I'm a Contractor, and I will stop at nothing to kill the target I'm after. Although since I work for no one, I mostly kill criminals, other Contractor's or anyone who gets in my way. Most Contractor's become puppets but I will never become someone's toy. I wouldn't say that I'm the best Contractor in the world but I'm right behind whoever they are.

I walk into my small apartment and trudge over to the fridge, I grab some juice and drain it in seconds. I go into my bedroom and change into my dark clothes, tonight I planned on killing a Doll Collector. You see ever since "Hell's Gate" arrived ten years ago not only did Contractor's appear, but living Doll's that serve as Mediums, their power being to observe, appeared too. This human man is selling Doll's and Collecting them, Doll's aren't meant to be in the hands of fragile humans. This guy is basically asking to be killed. I finish putting my killing clothes on and grab my cane before heading out. Why do I need a cane, well all Contractor's have a payment to pay for using their abilities, the payment's can be easy, hard, stupid or really painful. My payment just happens to be to temporarily go blind after I power down. Before I walk out the door, I put my gun into it's holder, if it's an easy kill, like a human, I might not even need to use my ability.

---

I quickly, but quietly enter the small abandoned storage facility. I hide behind a crate and listen for voices, "What do you mean the next shipment is delayed?" A man's voice yells. Shit, there are more on the way. "That's ridiculous! When will you be here then?" He groans, "Yeah, you'd better be here tonight!" I stand and come out from behind the crate. The man still has his back to me as I walk into the wide open space. He hangs up the phone and turns just in time for me to pull my gun out of it's holder.

"Hajime Onohara I presume." I sigh. "A mere human selling and collecting Doll's." I laugh, even though it's not funny at all, I have no emotion's whatsoever. I guess you could call that another price we Contractor's pay.

"Who are you?" He says giving me a look.

"I'm Kaede your killer." I smile.

"Are... are you a Contractor?" He asks in fear. Although sometimes not having emotions is a good thing.

"Bingo." I sit down in a computer chair inspecting my gun. "You see human's aren't supposed to know about us." I notice out of the corner of my eye that he's reaching his hand into his desk. Getting a weapon I assume. In a blink of an eye I'm right beside him, I slam my elbow down on his arm with a huge force. He starts to back away but I swing my foot around and kick him right in the stomach. He falls to the ground in pain, "Just sit tight until I'm finished talking." I put my long black hair into a ponytail and sit back in the computer chair. "Anyway's how does a mere human like you know about us?"

"I've employed a Contractor myself." He says rolling over onto his hands and knees.

"Oh did you now." My lips twitch into smile. Contractor's put up more of a fight than human's do, this could end up being a fun night after all. The one emotion I miss is happiness, I can no longer have fun, although killing brings on something that feels like fun. "Where is this Contractor?"

"I'm right here." A female voice says. I turn and a blonde woman moves beside Hajime.

"January." Hajime spoke. "Kill her before she ruins our plans."

"Okay." The blonde woman known as January grins. I aim my gun at Hajime's head and pull the trigger, January pushes him out of the way and uses her water ability on me. Water surrounds me and starts to drown me, hmm she's got a pretty decent power.

My gun isn't going to work in this case, "Daichi!" I yell. My mind links up with his and he appears in his usual getup, black clothes and a black hoodie that covers his beautiful face and black hair. My Contractor ability is to summon this being named Daichi, he only serves me and will do anything I say.

"Yes Master." He smiles. Now this guy he was a stone-cold killer, I think he has emotions, he seems to enjoy killing way too much. But then again I do too, we are the perfect team.

"Kill her." I grin evilly.

"My pleasure." He licks his lips and puts his hand to his face calling out to his scythe. It appears in his hand and he quickly slices through the water. I jump out and land on my feet looking up to the woman who trapped me in there.

"Who is he?" She asks.

"He's my Contractor ability, Daichi." I smirk. "Get her."

"That's not fair." She whines, as Daichi takes one large step and swings his huge scythe taking off her head in one motion. Hajime stood not far away quivering in fear.

"What about him?" Daichi asks.

"I'll take care of him." I point my gun at him and pull the trigger, blood spattered everywhere. I love the color of it, so pretty. It almost feels as if I have emotions again when I see it.

"Shall I help you get halfway home?" Daichi says wiping the blood of his scythe and returning it to wherever he keeps it.

"Sure." I say as he and I both exit the storage facility. "We'll have to return tomorrow to get rid of the rest of the Doll Collector's gang."

"I'll be waiting." He says.

"You can return." I say, I am almost home now. He hands me my cane and disappears into thin air. My eyesight goes black and I can no longer see. I manage to make it back to my apartment and into the bathroom. I strip my clothes off down to my underwear and slip into bed. Another partially successful day I suppose, I wonder what Daichi is doing now?

'Watching you.' He says in my mind.

'Ha, you loser. Got nothing better to do?' I say telepathically.

'Well I'm supposed to protect you.'A couple of minutes have passed and I sigh.

'Daichi, do you have emotions?' I ask, my eyesight won't return until the morning so I have nothing better to do than talk to him.

'Yes, I do. Why do you ask?' He answers after a few seconds.

'Oh, I just wish I still had some emotions.' I say softly, 'I've kind of forgotten what's it's like to be afraid, or be happy.'

'If you ask me, deep down you still have emotions.'

'Why do you say that?' I say rolling over to lay on my side.

'I don't know, sometimes I feel like you show a little bit of emotions.' He laughs.

'But it's impossible for a Contractor to have emotions.' I sigh, I'd better change the coversation. 'I should go to sleep so my eyesight will return quicker.'

'Okay. Night.' He voice says fading away.

'Night.' I say before falling asleep.

----

A/N: So that's the prologue, I kind of had Kaede interract with you, the reader in the beginning that's why it's the prologue! :) Let me know what you think!

Video: New World by: MADTOWN

-DGrayManLover