Chapter 1

~ ryder ~

Walk into school. Roll my eyes. See a couple making out on the lockers. Roll my eyes. Have a cocky football player wink and send a flirtatious smile. Roll my eyes. This is basically a daily routine that I've been going through since Freshman year. It's now my first day of Senior year.  

There are excited girls catching up with their friends, laughing about how their summer went like they didn't just see each other a week ago.

The girls are decorated in floral dresses as the hot weather overtook the school. Of course this cheap ass school wouldn't splurge on air conditioning until we're literally dying of heat stroke.

I walked to my first class of the day, English. I sat in the back and opened my notebook, drawing an array of random patterns and designs. The bell rang which finally caused me to look up and see who else is in this class.

Every high school has its groups, if yours doesn't then sign me the fuck up. It's rather typical to be honest. The groups aren't necessarily exclusive rather people just stick to others like them. That's why I don't hang out with anyone here. No one here is really an underground fighter with anger issues. Oh well.

Anyway as I scanned the room I took in my surroundings; a few nerds, a few jocks, and of course some bimbo fucking barbies.

Yet last but certainly least, these self called 'mysterious, cocky, motorcycle-riding' assholes. I may added in the asshole part. I don't really know how they all managed to find each other in a school like this. There's not exactly a bunch of motorcycle teenagers around this town, but hey maybe there's some stupid club where they all jack each other off or something.

First, we have Nicholas Morello. He's a fucking idiot. Always has a dumb smile on his face cracking different jokes which for some reason makes people laugh. Not to mention if you are a living, breathing human, he'll probably fuck you. The kid probably has a proud collection of STDs as only a high school Senior. His rap sheet is even larger than his ego. He's also best friends with the king of assholes but we'll get to him later.

Next, there's Tobias Hall. He's a gorgeous human being. I think the only reason I'm able to admit he is attractive compared to the others is because he doesn't have a shit personality. He's a quieter one making him extra mysterious to girls. I heard that he is sweet yet still partakes in fights when the others start trouble.

Heath Swanson. Nicknamed 'The Joker' both after Heath Ledger and his psychotic nature. The boy certainly likes to fight. He broke a kids nose once for accidentally stepping on his shoes. While it was quite amusing to see the spectacles he puts on, I wouldn't dare get on his bad side. Besides, he's still an asshole.

There's a few extras but these few are the ones I see in this class. Those fucking assholes.

Not all of them are incredible pieces of shit though, just the main dickhead. Grayson Jones.

He's 'sexy'. He's 'mysterious'. He's 'every girl's dream'. Except me. He's more like a nightmare.

Notice how I put quotes around those words. Other girls words, certainly not my description of him.

I usually don't like to judge people without knowing their past or the shit they went through but Grayson Jones. Oh how I hate Grayson Jones.

My problem with him is he thinks he's superior to everyone. He thinks everyone should kiss his ass and that he's above everybody else. He thinks he has the right to bully, mock and ridicule people. Asshole.

His dark eyes caught mine and he gave his signature smirk. I rolled my eyes and focused back on drawing.

I zoned out in class until I heard the bell ring. I headed to my next class which was Art. Finally.

No, I'm not some shy girl who feels like she can only express her emotions through her artwork. I just like to draw. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be a tattoo artist. So as soon as I turned 16, I forged my dad's signature and got my first tattoo. It's not like he gave a shit anyway.

Our first assignment is to pick any person, place or thing and draw it. We had a few weeks to do the project so I figured I'd just take a nap this class and figure out something later.

*********************

Lunch. The first day of lunch is by far the worst day of school no matter if you're a Freshman or a Senior. Having to try to find your friends through the swarm of people then decide on a table. I chose a table near the back like usual. It had pen and scratch marks in it; the whole table was basically covered in graffiti.

I don't mind being a loner. Notice how I said loner and not loser. I'm not a loser.

I pulled out my sandwich and started eating scanning the lunch room of the people who surrounded me. I went to reach for my water without looking and accidentally knocked the whole thing over.

"Shit" I mumbled to myself trying to quickly clean it up. The water now filled the table which also made my sandwich all wet and soggy. "Great" I rolled my eyes. I guess I'm not eating today.

I stood up and went to throw my lunch out. Just as I looked up in search for a garbage can, I collided with someone sending my lunch flying all over the person in front of me. I looked up into his eyes and mentally slapped myself. Of course it was him.

What is this, some fucking romance novel?

~ grayson ~

That little bitch. I bent my head down to look at the my now soaked leather jacket then back into the eyes of the short asshole.

"You fucking bitch" I snapped causing everyone to shift their attention to the scene in the middle of the cafeteria. People don't know how to mind their damn business apparently. Her eyebrows shot up and she looked behind her like she thought I was talking to someone else.

"Who the fuck do you think you're talking too?" She asked which actually surprised me considering no one really talks back to me.

"I think I'm talking to a blind bitch, who obviously can't look where the fuck she's going" I snapped back at her. My temper is starting to get short. Shorter than this little midget in front of me.

"Holy shit clam down. It's a leather jacket and water. It literally just has to dry. So calm your fucking dick and move" she said trying to get out of my way. I looked at her like she was crazy then stepped in front of her crossing my arms over my chest.

"Do you know who you're talking to?" I asked in a venomous tone staring straight into her eyes.

"An asshole who has attachment issues to his cute little leather jacket and can't get his head out his ass? Just a guess" she smirked still looking up at me. That's when I really took in her height. She was about a head shorter than me yet still held her head high with a look of determination and aggression in her eyes.

"Well?" she asked, "am I right Mr. Hardass?" she said with a smirk.

"You have no fucking clue who you're messing with" I growled moving my face closer to hers to the point where we were only a few inches away. She rolled her eyes for what seemed like the 100th time in this conversation.

"If you keep rolling your eyes like that, they're gonna get stuck there" I said with a condescending smirk.

"If you keep putting your dick in girls, it's gonna get stuck there" she said making my smirk instantly disappear. Who does this girl think she is? A fucking comedian? How the hell does she have a comeback after every fucking thing I say?

"Now, excuse me cause I have better things to do than argue with you over a pointless jacket" she said pushing me to the side so she can get through. "Oh and nice shoulders by the way" she squeezes my shoulder and smiled as she walked out of the cafeteria leaving me standing there speechless.

The only thing I heard was my boys errupting in laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

first chapter revised and edited 4.20.21

any thoughts?

comment and vote xoxo