Chapter 41 Muumuus

Start from the beginning

I stared incredulously at him. "We were sleeping. God, Zayn, you are so paranoid it's ridiculous."

"N-no! Peaceful sleeping is one thing. But he was like clinging to you like he thought- like he was- like-"

"Like what, exactly, Zayn?" Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Ugh! You're just lucky that I don't have any real proof!"

"Proof of what?"

Without answering Harry, Zayn stormed out.

"What the heck was that?" I looked at Harry. "I swear, he gets weirder every second."

Harry sighed. "He's just way too overprotective."

*****

I stared at myself in the mirror, trying to figure out what was missing from my outfit. I had on jean shorts, an orange polo shirt, and silver flip flops. My hair hung loosely down my back.

I turned around. "Abby, what's missing?"

"Glitter," She answered without skipping a beat.

I clapped a hand over my mouth. "I did not just forget about glitter, did I?"

"You did, but we can pretend you didn't if it makes you happy." Abby sprayed her hair with hairspray for the 10th time in the past 15 minutes.

"I must be going crazy. You've heard those stories about people being away from civilization so long they go insane and start talking to, like, rocks and basketballs and stuff, right?"

"Wasn't that in that movie about the chipmunks?"

"Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked?" I said dramatically. "Yup."

"Listen, if you want to go to a shrink or a therapist about your glitter problem, take it up with Zayn."

I stuck my tongue out at her and looked for my glitter spray. "Aha!" I said, grabbing it from the bottom of my drawer. I sprayed it all over myself until I sparkled like...like...Edward Cullen.

I headed out into the living room where the boys were watching TV. I sat down next to Harry, smiling up at him.

"Why do you look like a vampire from Twilight?" Louis asked. Apparently I wasn't the only one who had that thought...

"Louis! That's not nice!" Eleanor smacked his arm.

I laughed. "Nah, it's fine."

"I happen to have quite the vampire fetish," Harry murmured, interlacing his fingers with mine. I giggled girlishly.

Abby came into the room, a whirlwind of 5inch heels, belly shirts, and high-waisted sequined shorts.

I rolled my eyes. She did this a lot. She loved the attention it got her. I was used to it by now.

She sat next to Niall, glancing at him, as if for approval. I couldn't read his expression.

 Everyone stared at her. She reached for the remote, seemingly oblivious. She took it out of Liam's hands and changed the channel.

"Yes! Honey Boo Boo is on!" She cheered.

 I groaned. "Do we really have to watch this?"

"YES!" Eleanor answered for her.

Danielle and Liam got up. "We're going downtown," Dani announced.

Abby had been scrolling through the channels on the guide. "Keeping Up With the Kardashians is on in an hour!" She and El squealed with delight.

"Having met them, trust me, you really don't want to keep up with them," Louis said.

"Shush," El said. "You're just jealous because they're pretty and fabulous and famous and rich and you're not."

Niall scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. "I'm pretty sure you're at least half of those."

"At least," Louis grinned.

Harry stood up abruptly. "Ya wanna go on a proper-ish first date with me, Claud?"

"Uh..yeah! When?" I stood up, too.

"Now?"

I shrugged. "For future reference, you should give a girl more than 2 seconds of notice before a first date."

Zayn slowly stood and turned toward us. I hadn't even realized he was there. "No."

I groaned loudly. "Yes. Bye." I grabbed Harry's hand and stormed out the door.

I hopped in the passenger seat of the car. "Did Dani and Liam actually walk into town?"

Harry nodded. "They're insane. It's like 5 miles."

"I'll never understand them."

***

"Harry they make One Direction muumuus!" I held one up for him to see. We were in some tourist trap in downtown Honolulu.

He doubled over with laughter.

"Oh my gosh, I so need one! I'm going to, like, add it to my shrine," A familiar voice said.

"Perrie!" I hugged her.

"Shh! I'm undercover. My name is, uh, Polly."

"Okay then," I laughed.

"Are you guys going back to your condo yet? I wanna see Zayn! I ran into Dani and Liam but they said they wouldn't be returning until later."

I looked to Harry. "We just got here. We probably won't be going back until later. But I can give you directions to the condo if you want," I said. "I should probably warn you that Zayn's been a total jerk since Harry and I started dating. He's not happy about it. He's sending me back to New York."

Perrie raised her eyebrows. "I'll talk to him. I owe you one anyway."

"Okay, good luck." I wrote down the directions for her. She skipped off towards her car, waving.

"Harry-" I turned around and saw him with his arms full of One Direction muumuus. "What are you..." I trailed off, not needing to finish.

"Everyone needs a One Direction muumuu!" He grinned, dropping them in front of the cash register.

 ****** A/N

Let me know what you think!

-K <3 xx