Chapter 34 Ebby

Hey guysss! Betcha didn't expect to hear from me for a good week longer. Well, because of the hurricane, haven't been to school since October 26th. Mostly because there's still a lot of people without power. I lost it Monday, but I got it back Thursday.

3,200 reads!!!! Love you so much!

-K

Chapter 34

****ABBY'S POV****

I ran down the field, dodging players left and right. Nadine Fitzgerald passed me the ball. I caught it with my stick and ran toward the goal. I lifted the stick and brought it down with a lot of force. With 2 seconds left on the clock, it whizzed past the goalie into the net, scoring the winning goal.

I was engulfed in a group hug, suddenly riding on my team's shoulders. I was handed a trophy and I rode off the field. When they set me down, I handed the trophy to my coach and hugged Nadine, jumping up and down.

"WE'RE GOING TO STATES!" I screamed.

"I KNOW!" She screamed back, "I made the winning assist for your winning goal!"

Nadine is probably my best friend after Claudia. We're only friends because of field hockey, since we see each other at practice, 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. Then I see her at games and tournaments, and she's in some of my classes at NYU. I just finished my first year there on a sports scholarship. I've been playing field hockey since I was little, staring on a community team back in Ireland. Now I play for the University's team. They have fall, winter, spring, and summer leagues. Since I'm on a sports scholarship, it's mandatory that I do the fall and spring leagues; the outdoor seasons. I did the winter league last year, which we play indoors. Most people don't do the summer one and go home; I'm not since I'm going to Hawaii and there's no way I could miss 2 weeks worth of practices. In a couple of weeks we'll go to the state tournament, and if we win, then we go to the country tournament, and finally nationals.

"Party at my house, 8:00!" The goalie, Jane, announced.

She skipped up to Nadine and I, "You guys coming?"

"Can't, sorry," I said, "I'm leaving for Hawaii."

"What?! Luckyyy! You'll be back in time for States, right?"

"Course. Wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Good! What about you, Nadine?"

"I might swing by for a bit. Omari and I broke up so..." She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

Nadine had wavy hair dyed purple, yes purple, that was shoulder length. She had tan skin and brown eyes, and was notorious for week long relationships. Not in a bad way; she just couldn't settle down.

We laughed at her, and Jane skipped away to find someone else.

At that moment, Brittany and Aaron came into view, so close together that they were practically tripping while walking. I felt Nadine tense beside me. She knew what had happened. She had been the one to coax me out of my blanket fort in my room. God, I missed Claud. At least I would see her today..

"Oh my Gaaaawd! What is it, Ebby?"

"Abby," I said through clenched teeth. She knew my name perfectly well.

"Ebby! It's so nice to see you!" She said, her high-pitched voice dripping with fake happiness and venom.

"OH MY GOD, BRITTANY, IT'S BEEN SO LONG!" Nadine screamed, practically jumping on her as she tackled her in a hug. She was still extremely sweaty and gross smelling. Brittany fell backwards, for some reason not expecting to be tackled by a psychotic purple-haired maniac.

"EW! Get off me you little-"

She was cut off my Nadine yelling in her face, "I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU SINCE THAT PARTY LAST WEEK WHERE YOU WERE HAVING FUN WITH THAT TRANSFER STUDENT FROM FRANCE! OOH LA LA!"

I sighed and pulled Nadine up from the ground, dragging her away as she was still screaming, "WOW, GIRL, YOU WORK QUICKLY! OH, AND DON'T FORGET TO INVITE ME TO THE BABY SHOWER!"

I finally got her around the corner, onto the busy New York sidewalk.

"Nadine, that was low, even for you."

"Eh, I'm not above it. She already hates me 'cause I "stole" Chad from her. Not my fault no guy can stand her."

"But still..."

"She hurt you, no ands, ifs, or buts..haha, I said butt- So did you! Ha!"

"Did you have to tackle her?"

"Oh, you're right, I shouldn't have, I probably messed up her $800 skirt! Oh, how awful...NOT!"

I sighed.

"But did you see her face?!" Nadine exclaimed.

"YES! Okay, yes I did, you're a total genius!" I exclaimed back, only half kidding.

We laughed, and entered the lobby to my apartment building. We rode the elevator to my floor and I unlocked the door.

"I'm gonna help you pack," Nadine declared.

"What if I'm already packed, huh?"

"Funny. No you're not."

"Fine..," I led her up to my room.

She sighed, "You're sooo lucky. My room's like half the size of your's."

To be honest, it is. I sorta live in a penthouse, so...yeah, my parents have a lot of money.

My room looks like the Crayola Factory exploded in it. Everything is colorful. One wall's splatter painted, the second is red orange, and the third is a mural that Claud and I painted, involving field hockey, a lot of glitter, and tons of One Direction things. The last wall is a floor to ceiling window. Really awesome. Except in the case of a hurricane or tornado. Then, my bedspread has One Direction's gorgeous faces on it. My desk is painted plaid (don't ask how, I have no idea.), like Liam's shirt. Oh, and my closet door has an exact but larger replica of Zayn's face on it...

"Are you at all packed?" Nadine asked.

"Um...define packed..."

She sighed and went into my walk-in closet and grabbed my One Direction suitcase.

"No!" I exclaimed too quickly. She didn't know I was going to see One Direction- EEEE!- since Claud didn't like people knowing that Zayn was her older brother. I quickly thought up an excuse, "I can't use that one 'cause, uh, what if I met One Direction in the airport, and then they thought, er, knew, I was a crazy fan-girl?!"

"Um...they would know the truth.."

"True dat, girl. I'll bring the one with the purple polka-dots."

Nadine nodded and handed it to me.

We started throwing stuff in it. I was this close to meeting One Direction. Fan-girl moment!

Author's Note

I like this chapter a lot. Nadine was just a random new character that came to mind. I'm just like "OOH let's have Abby have another friend!" and so Nadine was born lol

Hope you liked this. Fan comment vote and all that fun stuff!

Love you!

-K