We walked outside to the black van. Ryder was in the driver's seat so I got into the passenger's side. Alec hopped into the back where I am guessing that Danny and Jace were. I handed the blankets back to my brother and without a word, Ryder started driving.

"Where do you guys plan on going?" I asked no one in particular.

"We don't really know. We just think that being on the road is good because it's hard to target something that is moving." Alec stated.

"How will we pay for gas to keep the car moving?" I questioned him.

"Well, I thought you already knew this but, we have a bit of money. Before we went to your friend's house, we stopped at our place and grabbed the emergency savings. We will be covered for quite a long time." Alec answered me. I nodded in understanding.

"Oh my god! Danny!" I yelled as realization hit me. His eyes widened in shock. "You forgot to tell mom that we are alright. She must be worried sick!" I started to bite my fingernails. I do it when I'm nervous. Don't judge me.

"Oh yeah. She must have a search party after us by now." He quickly grabbed his phone and texted our mother. I immediately heard his phone ring. He answered it and I knew it was our mother because we could hear her screaming from a few feet away from the phone. "Mom chill. We are okay. It's kind of complicated and I cannot explain but you need to know that it'll be alright." I heard Danny's soothing voice.

"Put it on speaker." I commanded him. I didn't care if the whole car heard us. He did and I heard my mother's voice.

"Hi Alice's mom! I'm Jace and Alice and I are running away to get married!" Jace smiled and yelled into the phone. I forgot he was drunk.

"Told you the duct tape would come in handy." Alec winked at me and taped Jace's mouth closed.

"What was that?" My mother asked. She must've not heard him clearly. Thank god.

"Hey mom," I commented and I heard her gasp.

"Thank god you two are together! I'm a mess over here! Please come back. I won't be mad at either of you." She pled with us. I sighed knowing that there was nothing that I could do to make her feel better. I felt so helpless.

"I'm sorry, we can't go home yet. Don't worry about us. We will be fine." I tried to soothe her worry.

"How can I not worry?! You've been gone for over a day. Both of you are gone! I have the police looking for you. I don't know what else to do. You've left me alone. I've been accused of abusing you and that is why you've run away. I'm lost here." She sobbed. My heart broke. I never got along well with my mother but it doesn't mean I don't love her. She's my family.

"Guys, maybe she should have someone with her." Danny muted the phone and looked at us. We knew she wouldn't hang up he call.

"There isn't much we can do." I tried to explain to my brother.

"Maybe I should go back." He bit his lip with worry.

"If you go back, you could be hurt. They will trace you to my house. You could die." I tried to reason with Danny.

"They will go to the house and take mom if no one is with her. She is completely clueless. I won't leave her like this." He retorted stubbornly. He was right though. I had never thought of it like that. Ryder must have explained the situation to my brother.

"Okay, you are right. You need to go back. The only problem is that they will find you there and take both of you. You would be sitting ducks." I stated.

"So I will take her out of state, to a hotel or something. We will figure this out. The longer we leave her there alone, the more danger she is in." Danny commented.

"Okay. Ryder, drive to my house. We will drop Danny off. Danny, you have to get mom into the car and leave. Grab some food and money, you'll need it. Make sure you call me once and awhile so I know you're okay." I took a deep breath to calm down. So much has happened in the past day. Now, I am leaving my brother too?

"I will Alice." He replied and he I muted my mother. He explained the plan. Danny also explained what was going on. I wanted to hate Jace, Alec, and Ryder for putting me through this. I had learned a lot from what Danny explained to my mother. The boys are at fault. They have put me in danger. They put my family in danger.

How is this ever forgivable?

A/N: Heyyyy!

I've been addicted to Netflix lately. I've watched it all day for the past two days. I FEEL SO LAZY!

I know this may seem kind of confusing at times but after a bit you'll understand.

I love all of you and the support from everyone is truly amazing!

Comment and vote if you love this book! ~Katyrules