Chapter 31: No Diggity

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," he snorted, "like we'll let that little shit go."

I'm surprised he didn't join in. Probably too busy comforting Connie.

I frowned.

Wait. Was that why Kurt asked for the mops?

Oh, hell no.

"Shit," I muttered, before I took off and ran down the stairs as fast as I could.

They wouldn't want an audience with them beating up one of our own, so I was pretty sure they were outside. If I had to guess, it would be behind the pool house.

I ran through the sea of people. I almost got beer spilled on me, but I dodged it quick. The dude behind me wasn't so lucky. By the time I got to the pool house, Parker was tied to the tree looking like he was about to shit his pants.

Damn. Made it just in time.

"Oz!"

They all turned their heads to my direction. Kurt nodded.

"Want in on the fun?" he smirked.

My eyes found Frisco beside Kurt. He cleared his throat and lowered his head, then I turned my attention to the billiard stick he was holding.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked them.

"We're gonna play darts," explained Kurt, like it was no biggie. "A bigger target means bigger sticks. You add that up."

I stared at a scared shitless Parker on the tree, before scanning everyone's faces. Most of them had wicked gleams in their eyes, while some looked uneasy as hell. I bet those who didn't want this were his close friends. They couldn't say anything because Kurt was leading this raid. And anybody would have to be fucking crazy to go against Kurt.

Except me.

"Let him go," I ordered.

Everybody gawked at me.

Seeing everyone gang up on Parker like this reminded me of Rafe and the loner girl at the Youth Center. It felt wrong and sick. Though Parker deserved bloody hell for what he did, doing this to him wasn't right.

We weren't the fucking mafia.

"Untie the dickface and let him the fuck go," I deadpanned.

Two of the uneasy ones stepped forward and quickly untied Parker. Kurt stared at me with his mouth open in disbelief.

"Dude, what the?"

"I wanna handle this right," I said seriously.

"Yeah? What're you gonna do, tell his fucking parents?"

I could tell he was frustrated because I spoiled his fun. But this wasn't the right thing to do if we wanted the sucker to learn a lesson.

"No," I answered calmly. "I'll give him hell the right way."

Frisco frowned at me, while Kurt looked completely lost.

"Thanks, Oz," said Parker, when he passed by me.

"Don't thank me yet," I replied, my voice deadly cold. He stopped dead in his tracks and looked at me. "Connie's like a sister to the team. You disrespect her, you disrespect all of us." I stepped closer to him. "You disrespect me."

He shook his head. "The chick came onto me. I di –"

"Stop the bullshit," I frowned. "If you're not ballsy enough to handle a girl like Connie, you shouldn't have went after her. That only makes you a fuckboy."