Chapter 18 - Training

A week later and we still haven't been able to shake Caleb's parents. To show up Caleb's dad and for my own benefit Caleb has decided to teach me to fight. I stand in the padded gym in black sports shorts, sneakers and a bright purple sports bra. Caleb stands in front of me in a muscle top, sports shorts and sneakers.
"I know how to fight, Caleb" I say sassily.
"Then how come you got your ass kicked when Aidan's ex Beta attacked?" He retorts smartly.
"Because I'm better at hand to hand than in wolf form" I defend.
"We'll see about that" Caleb's pack fighters watch on,
"now I'm not actually going to hit you"
"But I'm going to hit you" I smirk and kick him in the side. I go to kick him in the stomach but he catches my foot and flips me onto my back. I flip up off my back in one swift motion and punch Caleb under the jaw, I  kick him in the side again, then his legs out from under him and place a foot on his back to keep him there. He turns over and flips me off my feet.
"Touché" I say. He laughs.
"So, what do you guys think?" Caleb asks his pack fighters.
"Pretty good, she needs to use her fists more" the head guard says.
"I didn't want to hurt him" I reply shyly standing up. He nods in understanding.
"Now shift and I'll teach you from there" Caleb says.
"But I like these clothes" I whine.
"Go in the bathroom and shift" Caleb says sighing. I go in the bathroom, strip and shift. My wolf has grown in size since I mated with Caleb. There are now seven shifted, male wolves in the gym, not including Caleb. Caleb has yet to shift, 'you just going to stand there and watch me or teach me how to fight?' Caleb laughs.
"Both" he replies. I growl playfully and he pats my soft fur under my head. I nuzzle my head into him. He kisses my wet nose. Caleb then takes his shirt and pants off, leaving him in his boxers. He then shifts, 'I'm going to add my guards into the mind link' he mind links me. I nod my wolf head. 'So your main weapon of defense are your teeth' Caleb mind links. 'The best spot you want to attack is the stomach, neck and legs' 
'Well that explains a lot' I mind link. Caleb laughs through the mind link.
"Caleb stop flirting and just fight" our Beta says as he walks into the training room, a smirk plastered on his face. Caleb growls slightly at his friend and Beta. 'Go ahead, fight me'. I mind link and growl playfully at my mate. He tackles me lightly and playfully pins me down easily, my attempts to escape failing.
"You definitely need training" Gabe the Beta pipes up. Caleb hops off me and heads straight over to Gabe growling maliciously.
"Woah, woah, woah, calm down big guy" Gabe says mockingly. I stand in between and mind link, 'calm your egos'
"sorry Luna" Gabe says after realizing how disrespectful he is being. He is also Caleb's friend so I do understand his quick wittiness. Caleb and I continue to train, his Beta and pack fighters helping. By the end of the training session, I manage to pin Caleb down twice. I go back to the bathroom and change, as I change an angry feeling washes over, Caleb must be pissed off about something, again. I emerge from the bathroom to find Alpha John. I growl slightly under my breath.
"John" I address him politely.
"Ah, Luna Cora, I just came to see if my son managed to train you well enough or not" He says. There he goes again with the doubting.
"He trained me very well"  I reply angrily.
"May I see a demonstration?"
"N-" Caleb begins.
"Of course" I reply sassily, I will prove his doubt wrong. I choose a pack fighter to go up against. We stand on the mat in a fight position. I bring my foot up and kick him in the face, he stumbles back but regains himself quick. He comes at me and swings, I dodge the punch and kick him in the side. He kicks me in the side, I stumble back, but solider on. I punch him under the jaw, kick his legs out and hold him down with my foot. I dust my hands off and walk away leaving Caleb's dad stunned. I grab Caleb's hand as I walk away. Caleb looks so proud of me.
"You just beat up one of my pack fighters" he says excitedly. I smirk to myself.
"How did I ever get a mate as awesome as you" he asks rhetorically as he pulls me to his side. I wince, as a bruise forms on my side. Caleb looks at me concerned. He attempts to lift my shirt up. I smack his hand away.
"It will heal" I say. He gives me a look that says 'no, now let me see' I role my eyes and let him lift the side of my shirt up to reveal a forming purple bruise on my side. He touches it gently and I wince in pain. He leads me to our room and goes away to get an ice pack. I thank him for it and put it on my side, groaning slightly when the cold ice first touches my skin.
"It should be gone in an hour or two" I reassure him. He kisses my forehead, "at least we showed your dad" I say. He laughs,
"we did, didn't we" he replies. I press my lips to his,
"I love you" he says gently placing his hands on my sides,
"I love you too" I reply closing the gap between us once more, sparks traveling throughout my body as we kiss. My stomach doing back flips with excited butterflies.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Thanks to abigaild12 for the amazing new cover, how awesome is it??? Also check out some of abigaild12 Books :) Also thank you to everyone who votes!!! And thank you guys for helping me get to 1K views :)