Finders Keepers Part 2

Alex was 16 and had been forced to go on this stupid family vacation. This year his mother had chosen Newport, OR she wanted to join the annual hunt for fishing floats, and was forcing each member of the family out onto the beach early that morning. To Alex he felt like this was going to be the worst vacation ever, and instead of looking for some silly float he was going to go swimming in the tide pools. One in particular had caught his attention, it was large and deep, and he thought that he had seen anemones and star fish at the bottom.

When he reached the waters edge he thought he spotted something shimmering behind the rocks. When he couldn't find anything he gave up the search and dove down deep into the water. On his way up once again he swore he saw a girl hovering just above the waters surface, but upon breaking through she was gone. Weird he thought to himself 'Maybe if I dive down and come up behind the rocks I will be able to catch her' This time when he dove he spotted Baubles float, thinking his mother would love this he grabbed the float then burst through the water on the other side. What he saw when he came up not only startled him but was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. The problem was she was floating, and not on the water this girl had wings, delicate blueish silver wings, and her skin was so translucent he could see the fine outline of her veins from beneath. Her clothes also caused his heart to skip a beat, for she was wearing a sea blue dress that hit just at the top of her thighs and came up to gather into a loose halter behind her neck. She simply was stunning, not human, but stunning.

"Oh no, I have done it I wasn't supposed to let the humans see me what have I done. Mother is going to kill me, not to mention the elder faerie. How could this happen." Bauble muttered still fluttering about in front of the human boy. 

"Excuse me miss, I am sorry if I frightened you but can I ask who you are, and why you are following me. I noticed you when I first came to this tide pool. Are you a mermaid?" Alex asked cautiously, for as beautiful as this girl was he was still afraid. What if she wanted to cause him harm.

"Oh man am I going to be in trouble, but here it goes," Bauble said to her self before turning to address the human boy."i am no mermaid, for I would never dream of trapping a human. Secondly, my name is Bauble, and I am a faerie, I trust you have heard of faeries, more then that awful disney movie Tinkerbell. It is an utter disgrace they have got nothing right. As to me following you I was waiting for a human to find my float, and bestow upon them my blessing. But now I have messed it up usual and not only have been seen but am sitting here talking to you." as she spoke she settled down on the rock across from Alex.

"Okay so you are a faerie, you were waiting for a human to find you float, so I take it you were watching me to see if I found said float?" Alex asked, feeling a little more comfortable now that Bauble was no longer hovering midair talking to herself.

"Yes that is exactly what I was doing, I also see that you have found my float. That means you get my blessing, and then I will be on my way. I can hope that none of the adults were watching me, to see this little mishap."

"Wait, I don't want you to leave. Your beautiful and I want to talk to you more." Alex begged, for some reason he did not want her to leave. The anger he had been holding seemed to dissipate when she was near, and he liked that feeling. Plus at home girls never spoke to him and no one there was nearly as beautiful as Bauble. 

"Alex, I want to stay I really do, I feel as drawn to you as you seem to be to me, and I can't figure out your blessing, the words you, you, you just sing through my head when I try. It is as if I am supposed to be your blessing." she said shaking her head for she really had created a mess this time. A big huge mess.

"What if I went with you, I don't fit in here with my family, or with the people at home. Maybe if I was there too then they would make an exception. I could be an honorary faerie, or just a human that helped you out." Alex offered suggestions, he was really hoping that he could travel with her to her home. He hated his life here and loved her.

"Alex I don't know if even that would work. The laws of my people are strict and I am already in a great deal of trouble for letting you see me, now I am speaking to you, and I may even be falling in love with you. This is just not done." Bauble spoke calmly, but inside her heart was spinning, and her head was pounding. Was it possible that she had fallen for a human boy.

"Bauble could you come with me, I am sure my mom would take you in. I think I may love you too but I don't know yet. Please, think about it. I don't want to lose you." Alex begged. 

"Tomorrow Alex, meet me here just before dawn. We will decide then." Bauble lightly kissed his cheek and hurried home, hoping that she would not be in too much trouble once she arrived.