35 / hotel

Cody's P.O.V.

She sobs into my chest, and I hold her closer. She'd climbed down from the railing, and we'd gone back inside, away from the piercing wind.
"Why am I like this?" she cries, her voice breaking. "I'm such a fuck up. I fuck up everything."
"You make everything better," I say for what feels like the hundredth time.
"I've completely fucked up your life. I'm so fucking sorry."
"You haven't. Even in the worst moments when I thought I would lose you, I've never regretted messaging you that day."
She doesn't respond. We stay like that in silence for a while, the only sound in the room our breathing.
"Really?" she says after what feels like an eternity.
"Really. I didn't know that you were broken. I do now. You probably know I'm pretty fucked up—I just like to deny that I'm not okay. We're both broken in more ways than one. Maybe we could become whole again. Together."
She looks up at me, meeting my eyes. "I would really like that."
"Promise you'll never leave me?" I ask softly.
"I promise."
"And I promise I'll never leave you. And princess, don't hurt me." She knows what I mean—don't hurt yourself.
"I won't."
"I love you so much," I breathe before pressing my lips to hers.
"I love you so much, too," she mumbles against my lips.

THE END