Chapter 17 - Plan B

Start from the beginning

Sanders nodded. "Uh, well, yes, of course,"

"By the way, you're alone?" asked the captain.

"Actually, we already have two CIA agents on board without your knowledge,"

The captain looked baffled, then shocked. What happen to his security measures? How could he not know? 

"Wh-what did you just say?!"

"Sorry for the unauthorized infiltration, captain," Phil said from behind his back to which the captain spun around. "But we have to take measures for this operation. We have to do this as discreetly as possible. And yes - we are the two men already on board,"

He introduced himself and Alec as CIA officers.

The captain could only grimace with bewilderment. He slapped his forehead in exasperation. "But how in the world were you able to---" he paused, then shrugged. "Whatever. The president commanded me to cooperate nicely. So do what you have to do, make it quick, and leave my ship immediately."

After the captain has left, Alec went over to Sanders and took him brusquely by the shoulders. "Hey good to see you, Sanders. But you are so not convincing as an intelligence agent,"

"I'm not supposed to be. I am just flying in your escape ship," Sanders was saying. He then took out some cards from his belt bag and handed one to Phil and Alec.

"They looked authentic, don't they?" Sanders said of the fake CIA IDs.

"I wouldn't know. I haven't seen real ones," said Alec.

"I have, man! Believed me, this is as good as the originals!" said Private Ricky Sanders.

"Then perhaps they're original," said Phil nonchalantly. "Don't be amazed."

The two boys shrugged at each other.

The three WDF men were now sitting on a bench in the airship's man-made park. Sanders leaned back with his arms behind his head.  "Wow! I can't believe I'm actually in the Cyrus! Look at all these beautiful girls!" Sanders was saying.

"Not to mention smart," Phil warned. "So don't count on it, Sanders."

"Your punishment isn't so bad after all, Archer. Speaking of...I see a target...and I've never seen such a beautiful, angelic lady in my whole life..."

He was aiming at a girl who was passing by. He got up from the bench and strode coolly.

"Ah, Sanders, I don't think you should---" Alec tried to stop him when he saw the girl but Sanders was already on his flying feet. He went right next to her.

"Hey pretty doll! Wanna go sightseeing with me later on?"

Ava Kinski ignored him.

"Or how about a date with me tonight up on the deck where we can see the moon and the stars!"

Ava halted on her track, her eyes looking in a straight direction. There was no hint of annoyance in her expression, Alec observed, but somehow he knew something's coming.

"C'mon, don't be shy!" Sanders prodded on.

Ava began her steps again. When Sanders tried to put his arms around her, she whirled on her side, quickly took his arm, and shoved it on his chest... with blunt force.

Sanders' eyes widen in surprise. "Ouch."

And as Ava Kinski, stared at him coldly with her unperturbed dagger-eyes, Sanders knew she is not one to be trifled with. "Sorry -wrong girl!" he said quickly.

She let go of him and went on her way, leaving Sanders scratching his head.

"Wow," was all Alec could say from the bench.

"You don't want to mess with the Kinski's. They are a strange duo," Phil remarked. "She had self-defense lessons back in Sybil - remember that," shared Phil.

Alec shook his head. "Should have warned Sanders that," he said under his breath. "Looks like the plan to take her by force isn't going to be a piece of cake as well, lieutenant," deduced Alec.

Sanders came up to them, muttering. "Weird woman!"

"Meet Kinski's daughter," said Alec with a sly smile.

"Oh, is that her?! Uh, not my kind of girl," said Sanders.

"That makes two of you," Phil said, looking at Alec.

Alec smirked. "I am sure we are not the only ones. So aren't we going to take her in lieutenant?" Alec asked.

Phil replied purposely. "Not until everyone's tucked away in the symposium..."