Five

Brendon has been almost... avoiding me lately. He's been really quiet.. I hope he's okay. He was sitting with that Spencer boy, not like I was mad at him. Just a little disappointed he didn't sit with me.

"Hey Mona." Lacey, a girl in one of my classes called while walking to my lunch table. I snap out of my trance and smile. "Are you going to the steam punk dance?" she asks.

"I dunno.. I'll ask Brendon." I say, about to eat my sandwich.

"Ooo. Who's Brendon?" she wiggled her eyebrows. I laughed.

"My boyfriend." I smiled as I said it. Boyfriend. It sounds so... right. She giggled,

"Well I'm running the dance so I hope you come. I gotta go, see ya!" I waved as she walked away, finally getting to my BLT sandwich.

/Brendon's POV/

"Fuck off, Spence." I grumbled as Spencer kept hitting me with a slap bracelet. He shrugged and put it down.

"So how's it going with your G-F?" He asked.

"I dunno..." I mumbled. "I haven't really thought of how to explain this to her and I've been...." I paused.

"Been what?" Spencer's voice sounded concerned.

"Avoiding her, I guess?"

"DUDE! You told me life was starting to get good when you met her, just flat out TELL HER you IDIOT." Spencer yells. He's right. I was biting my nails. I leapt out of my chair,

"You're right. I gotta do this before I lose her." I quickly ran downstairs out the door and into my car. I gave a thumbs up to Spencer who was staring at me from the window, a big stupid grin on his face. I quickly rushed over to Mona's house, arriving in less than 7 minutes.

I quickly walked up to the front door and knocked. Her mother opened the door,

"Hello Brendon! How are you?" she asked.

"I'm good, how are you?"

"Good."

"Is Mona here?" I asked.

"Yes, she's in her bedroom." She gestured me to come in and I took my shoes off and go upstairs to her room. I knocked and waited until I heard a faint "come in" and opened the door.

"Brendon!" she said excitingly. She ran over and kissed me and I smiled. She brought me over to her bed and we sat down. She laid her head on my lap and stared at the ceiling. I was hesitant to explain what happened with my dad. "Brendon?" she asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"Why have you been avoiding me?" I stiffened up.

"Well uh.." I scratched my chin. "So.. this might seem confusing but here it is. I had this girlfriend. Her name was Sarah. We dated when I was 16, she was 17. I thought I loved her, but she didn't love me back, and  she cheated on me." I felt the tears rushing to my eyes. "However, after it happened my mom said we were moving. I thought this would get me out of this mess. I turned 17 and we moved here. She made her way back in, Mona. She's dating my fucking father." I let the tears loose now and Mona repositions herself so she can comfort me. God, she makes me feel better even in the worst of times. Her small hand stroked my hair delicately and she kissed me on the cheek.

I heard her mumble a soft, "I love you Brendon." and my eyes widened. Shit. I'm falling for her too. I sit up and look at her.

"I-I love you too." I stutter before smiling really big and grabbing the side of her face, pulling her into a kiss.

/A-N/

Hey guys sorry for all the delays. I have 3 tests next week so I've been studying a shit ton. btw I can't stop listening tO DOAB ITS SO GOOD. Anyway, see you next chapter. See ya.