Denny | Transgender [F]

Written by xXBabyxKittyXx A/N; hey guys. So, I thought I'd post this to give y'all a look at my writing style. I'm used to writing smut so this is a little different for me, please keep that in mind but hopefully you'll enjoy!

"Valerie! Are you ready yet?" My mother's voice called up the stairs. I groaned, rolling over onto my back. I grumpily got up from my bed and opened the door to find her already standing there.

"That's not my name," I muttered. "It is legally and unless you plan on changing that, that's what you will stay," she told me.

I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest. "And what did I tell you about your clothing for tonight?" She groaned.

I peered down at my attire and shrugged. "To not wear what I usually do," I shrugged. She pinched the bride of her nose, sighing.

"You know what, it's too late for you to change now, get in the car."

She's always doing this. Nagging me about my inappropriate style and whatnot.

Let me explain the current situation;

My mother was invited to some high school reunion shit and she decided it was a great idea to drag me along to show me off or whatever her reason was. She wanted me to dress like "the girl I am" rather then my true self.

She's one of those people who think it's just a phase. But she doesn't understand. You can't unless you go through it yourself.

She never respects my pronouns or my name, she's always calling me her and she rather then he and him.

Honestly, whoever someone calls me she, her or Valerie, it hurts. It's like a knife stabbing you right in the heart and every time, it brings you closer to the dark voids inside your mind.

I don't want to be there; no one does but you can't control other people. You can't change them.

As I sat in the car, I shoved my headphones in my ears and blasted KISS to avoid any further conversations with my mother.

After what felt like hours, we arrived at this fancy ass restaurant. Great. Not I'm going to get judged by everyone.

"Leave your phone in the car, I want you to socialise with people," mother instructed. I sighed but did as I was told, slipping my phone under the seat so it hopefully wouldn't get stolen.

We walked inside and a woman with white-ish hair walked over, smiling widely.

"Michelle! I'm so glad you could make it!" She beamed, hugging my mother. "It's great to see you, Karen. You look amazing," she said happily, holding the woman out at arms length.

A man with scruffy mouse brown hair waltzed over, slipping his arm around Karen's shoulder. "Michelle, it's been so long. How are you?" He asked, his voice deep.

"I'm fantastic. It feels good to see everyone again," mother responded.

I could feel eyes burning into my skull. I nervously rubbed my arm, looking down at my Nike's.

"Who's this then?" Karen's voice questioned. I felt my mother nudge me, but I didn't look up. I couldn't. I knew they were judging me.

She sighed barley audibly, speaking, "this is my daughter, Valerie. Valerie, be polite and say hello."

I looked up for a brief moment then back at my shoes. I couldn't speak.

"She's a little rude," the man scoffed. "She's not normally like this. She's just annoyed with having to come. Let me have a word with her."