~

Here / Alessia Cara

"What was it that you wanted to tell me earlier?" Troye asked Connor as they left the cinema from seeing Star Wars, because they were that basic.

"Nothing," Connor said quickly.

"Sure," Troye answered, putting it in the back of his head. "So, Ty's having a party. Want to go?"

"No."

"It'll be fun."

Yeah, it'll be so much fun to watch you make out with your boyfriend when I'm in fucking love with you.

"Fine," Connor whined, because Connor always let into what Troye wants to do.

They arrived at Tyler's not-so-humble abode. Kory Kuhl answered the door.

"Troye! Oh, and Connor."

That was the response Connor usually got.

"Mrs. Franta! And your son."

"You brought Oreos! And yourself."

Or, his personal favorite:

"Um, who are you? Oh, Troye's friend. Right..."

Troye walked in and Connor checked his phone. He still had to be there two hours. Hopefully Ben was there. He always talked to Connor. At least.

"Baby!"

"Tilly!"

Kill me.

The couple met with kissing and Connor decided to walk away. He would have to awkwardly stand by the food. Or maybe he's just sit in the bathroom. That'd be fun.

"Connor!" A girl's voice shouted at him. Connor did a slow half circle, not wanting to be rude.

"Hey, Bethany," he said awkwardly. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Troye smirking at him.

"How have you been?" Gay. "Good. You?" Annoying. "Great! I think we should play Truth Or Dare or something." What are we, twelve or something? Connor just nodded and smiled.

"Hey," Bethany shouted to the whole party, "Connor and I think we should play a little game." Connor wanted to die. He was probably bright red.

"Ohmigod, yas!" Tyler shouted, which made it feel like he was mocking Connor to Connor.

"What game?" A girl Connor didn't know asked.

"Spin the bottle," a boy Connor didn't know asked, but was hot, not as hot as Troye, but hot.

Inevitably, about half of the party sat in a circle. Inevitably, Bethany pulled Connor in next to her.

The girl from before was on his other side. "I'm Zoe," she said, sticking out her hand. Connor took it and shook it, "Connor."

Zoe raised her eyebrows, "I know, silly. Troye's best friend."

Good, Lord! TROYE'S BEST FRIEND YAYAYAY GIVE HIM AN AWARD FOR THAT PRESTIGIOUS TITLE!

"Okay, imma go first," Tyler said, a bit too passionately for a guy in a relationship. Connor watched Troye put his hand on his face. A given awkward sign for him. Connor wanted to melt. Tyler spinned the bottle. It went around and around. Luckily, it didn't point at Connor. That'd be more than awkward. It landed on... Connor wanted to say... Martin? Marvis?

"Marcus!"

Troye went pale. Connor could see why. Marcus was hot, not as hot as Troye, but hot.

Connor put on his best straight face.

Tyler went in for it and Marcus did too. Connor counted to three as their lips pressed. Poor Tro.

"My turn," Troye shouted and a select few, Troye's good pals, could sense the bad blood. He spun the bottle. It landed on... Bethany.

Connor almost peed his pants. One person away from him. That probably wasn't what Troye wanted. He probably wanted to smog some guy for revenge. Instead he pecked Bethany's lips and slumped back.

The game went on for a bit, luckily Connor was able to dodge everything.

He was ready to go home though. It was late.

"So can I get your number?" Zoe asked Connor. He wasn't sure if she was hitting on him, but he didn't get girls so he just nodded. They traded numbers and then Connor went to leave.

"Wait, I'm leaving with you," a sligtly drunk and very Australian voice said behind him.

"Why don't you just stay here," Connor said a bit too harshly.

Troye looked confused, "You okay?"

"I'm fine. Are you?"

And he left without letting Troye even answer.

Find your own ride.