I held back a frightened whimper as he stood there, waiting for me to say some thing. I took a deep breathe and glared at him harder.

"I said, leave him alone." I told him. He glared at me before turning on his heel and walking back down the hallway.

"You're lucky this time greaser." He said as he passed Ponyboy.

Once he was out if sight I walked over to Ponyboy an rested my hand on his shoulder.

"You alright?" I asked him.

He nodded and looked over at me.

"How about you, are you okay?" He asked. I smiled and nodded in reply.

"Yeah I'm fine." I took my hand off his shoulder.

He smiled lightly before straightening up.

"I should be going now." He said, pointing behind him.

I nodded and stepped back slightly. He gave me one last smile before waking off in the direction of the exit.

"Hey Ponyboy, wait up." I yelled. He stopped and turned around to look back at me.

I quickly caught up to him and we carried on walking.

"I'll walk home with you, I have nothing else to do." I said. He smiled and nodded.

We made our way out the front door and across the school yard. The ground was wet and some mud kicked up from the ground as we walked.

"How have you been lately?" Ponyboy asked me.

"Okay I guess." I shrugged. "Yourself?"

"I'm about the same, there's not exactly much to be happy about at the moment." He nodded.

I nodded along in agreement, He was right. The happiest thing at the moment was the fact that it's my birthday tomorrow, but even I don't feel as excited as I should be.

"Yeah, I know the feeling. It's all kinda dismal at the moment." I said.

He nodded and looked ahead. We carried on walking the rest of the way to his house in a comfortable silence. Both of us were kind of just admiring everything around us. The sun was high up in the sky, beating down on us, making the walk seem longer. The air was silent, with occasional chirp from a bird or people talking.

We arrived at Ponyboy's house after about a half an hour of walking. I have to say, it's the most relaxed I've felt in the past 2 weeks.

"Do you want to come in?" He asked, gesturing towards the door.

I shook my head.

"No, I should probably be getting home, mom will be waiting for me." I replied. He looked at me with a pleading expression.

"Please, my brother can give you a ride home if you want? It'll be quicker than walking." He begged.

I looked at him. I know that if I don't get home soon mom will go mental. She probably has a list a mile long of chores I have to do.

"I don't know Ponyboy." I said, shifting my weight from one side to another.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I was about to reply when I was rudely interrupted.

"Yeah Sidnee, why don't you want to come in?" Asked a voice I had become very familiar with in the past few weeks. This time though, it sounded over exaggerated and sarcastic.

I turned around to come face to face with my worst night mare. Dallas Winston. He stood a couple of feet away from me with his usual smirk. I glared at him.