Chapter 1

Lucy 

I had come to realize that I was sleep walking through my life ever since I came back to my time. Always passing before my eyes, never paying any mind to the hours I've wasted just thinking about what I could've had.

I had spent my years living with a man that the future me had supposedly met while the past me was in 1964. He was a good man, no doubt. He loved me. But I couldn't bring myself to love him the way he deserved love.

We had a child by a 'happy' accident. He was a boy, born with a mop of dark hair and heartbreakingly beautiful dark eyes. I named my little boy George. It was a tragedy, because he looked exactly like George.

After I gave birth to my only son, I attached myself to him from the moment he drew breath. George was my beautiful little cherub child, and I forged a bond with him that felt like the one I had with my other George.

I started to have panic attacks at the sound of Beatles music (as ridiculous as it was), but I had my baby and he would calm me down. He was a major contributor to the little happiness I had in my life, but, often times I felt as if i were living someone else's life.

I watched myself as I went through the motions of life through a blurred screen.

Derek, my husband, sent me to a therapist, she listened to me talk about my "dreams"; I turned my time with george into something fictional and intangible to lessen the ache on my heart. After several months, I could finally listen to his music without sobbing my heart out.

I'm now 28, my son is now two years old and I have come to like my husband, somewhat. But nothing could ever fill that hole in my heart. Every fiber of my being craved for him.

Derek was a patient man and he tried so hard to win back my affections by gifting me jewelry and other various gifts. I could see his resolve fading away as he asked me this morning if I could grab some groceries at the market- to which I agreed with a tight smile.

I walked down the familiar cobblestone path with a swirling pit in my stomach. I held a bag of various food items in my right hand and my phone in the other, casually glancing down to like an Instagram post or whatnot. Any distraction was a welcome one.

My head snapped up to the sound of a man frantically screaming out, "Lady watch out!"

I saw a semi barreling towards me, out of control. I hesitated in that moment, I didn't move. After my amygdala smacked myself into reality and I began to move my leaden feet, it was too late.

"Oh shi-" I say before a flash of light goes off. My eyes are blinded by an eerily familiar swirl of colours and I closed them tightly until I could feel air rushing harshly against my skin.

I fall though something rather solid and rough and I land with a solid smack on a hard surface.

"What the fuck!"

I heard a series of voices and the sound of cymbals crashing before I opened my eyes again.

Was I dead? This is heaven?

"Oh my god... someone get George!" I heard the familiar scouse accent that belonged to the one and only, John Lennon.

My eyes flipped open and I saw the three faces of Paul, John, and Ringo all staring at me with bewilderment.

"Holy fuck- it's her. Look at her eyes, it's definitely Lucy." Paul breathed out and Ringo propped me up as I came to my senses.

My heart pounded in my ears to the beat of a war drum, if I was here, with the three Beatles, then George was somewhere here too.

I slowly realized that I came back to them, I came back to 1964 to my boys. Slow, and fat tears rolled down my cheeks as I struggled to find the right words to say to them.

"Ringo, go get George! He's out havin a fag!" John yelped and my heart skyrocketed at his name.

Ringo handed me over to John who steadied me on my wobbly feet. His strong arms secured me into place on the ground. My lip quivered as I gingerly peered into the eyes of my old best friend, and he smiled.

"Welcome back, Lu."

I laughed as tears beaded at the corners of my eyes but there was a nagging feeling at the back of my mind; could this all just be a dream? Am I in some kind of coma? Was I slipped some magic shrooms?

"Hey, John." I spoke for the first time since landing. I gazed at Paul and offered him a small smile.

"Hey Paul." His baby face scrunched up in a smile that didn't reach his eyes. His hazel eyes read of fear; I could tell Paul was withholding something from me.

"We've missed having you around, love. Some of us more than others... we all mourned you. You just disappeared." Paul dolefully admitted, his pouty lips drawn tightly together.

John's grip on my shoulders was tight enough to keep my grounded, I was starting to believe that this was all some cruel joke being played on my psyche.

"This can't be real- I can't accept this. In what circumstances would I be allowed or even accepted back into this era?" I thought aloud, my anxiety growing by the minute thinking about the possibility of seeing him again.

John laughed curtly from behind me, steadying me one final time then standing beside Paul and then proceeded to scan me with his almond eyes.

"Always the inquisitive one, you were. Perhaps the universe made it so you could return back to your life here?" John raised a valid point but I couldn't find it to be true within myself.