Chapter 1

Brenna's POV

"CHRIS!!!! GIVE THAT BACK!!!!" Katie shouted after chasing Chris for about two minutes already. Once again he stole Katie's MP3 player. I was mad. I was trying to read my new copy of Tiger Beat magazine. "Hey! I want it!" "For what?!" "Uh." "Ha! I knew it!" "SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!" I ran to my room and slammed the door. I collapsed on my bed and patted the pink faux fur. "When will they stop fighting?" I said to myself.

My beagle, Lucky, then scratched the door. I opened the door big enough for him to fit through. He came into my room and jumped on the bed next to me. He curled up into a ball and rested his head on the edge of my bed. "Aw. Who's my favorite dog in the whole world?" I said as I pet his soft brown fur. Lucky just yawned in reply. I laughed and got up. I went on my computer and went on YouTube.

About two hours later I finished watching. I closed my computer when my iPhone went off. I checked it. "Alexis! Hey! Wanna go swimming?" "Sure. Meet you at your place in five minutes." "K bye!"

When the doorbell rang, I ran downstairs and opened the door. "Hey!" "Hi!" "Ready?" "Yeah let's go." We walked out to the private beach that's outside my house. We were lucky my parents were rich. We took off our contacts revealing my pink eyes and Alexis' sea green ones. We walked to the water and chanted the magic spell. We ran into the water and started swimming. My blonde hair became a vibrant purple and my legs became a beautiful magenta tail. Alexis' chocolate brown hair became a medium blue which was the shade that was between her mother's light blue, and her dad's dark blue hair. Her legs became an aqua tail.

We swam the whole day because it was summer vacation. But only for another two weeks. I couldn't believe school was starting up already. "So, have your parents told you the story yet?" Alexis asked me. "No. And they said they would when I turned 14. And guess what, I'm 14! I just can't wait any longer!" "You want me to tell the story to you?" Alexis asked. "No. My parents always make the stories they tell me somewhat magical. There's always a little magic secret they put in the story." Alexis nodded her head. I knew she would understand.

We went to the shore and transformed back. I was about to walk back when I heard something. I turned around. Nothing. That's never a good sign. "Come on Brenna! Let's get back already before sunset!" Alexis shouted. I turned around and started to walk back. But I still had that feeling in my gut that we were begin watched.

Alexis' POV

"Hey do you think I can sleep over tonight?" Brenna asked when we reached her room. "Yeah. Why?" I asked. "Chris stole Katie's MP3 player again." "Oh. Of course," I responded. Whenever Chris and Katie fight, it goes on for a long time. "I'm gonna ask my parents," Brenna said and she walked downstairs. I laid down on her bed and looked at her ceiling. I saw her Hello Kitty stickers that were still on there from a long time ago.

----- FLASHBACK-----

"Come on dad! Please?" pleaded Brenna. "No. No stickers on your ceiling," her dad responded. "But Alexis has some on hers!" "Well that's because she put them up herself. If you put yours up yourself, you can keep them." Her dad then walked off. "I can help you," I said to Brenna. "Really? Yay!" We ran upstairs to her room.

"Why is your roof so tall?" I asked her. "No idea." She jumped up and down and tried to stick the stickers on the roof. "Not working." "Ya think? Let me try," I said as I grabbed the stickers from Brenna. I kept jumping, but I could only get one sticker up there. "Climb on me. Lets try that," I suggested.

"Come on! Hurry up!"

"Sorry! I have a lot of stickers!"

"This is taking forever!"

"Sorry! Hang in there!"

"My back hurts! Hurry up already!"

"One more!"

"Got it!"

"AHHHH!!!"

"Ow!" Brenna said as she collapsed on the floor. "Hey! You're not the one who had a ninety-five pound girl on me!" I shouted at her. We just ended up laughing at each other.

----- END OF FLASHBACK -----

"Hey. Ready?" asked Brenna. "You can come?" "Yeah. Lets go!" We walked off to my place.