Chapter Eight-London

London hadn't seen his mother since morning.

She had gotten up at 6:30 and made him breakfast, like she did on most school days. Then she had gone to work. She came back from work at three every day, an hour before London got home from school, and had a snack prepared and set out on the counter. Often, she sat at the kitchen table, on her laptop, and would talk to London while he ate his snack. Today, though, she was in her room, with the door closed tightly. A peanut butter and honey sandwich London had been home for two hours, and she still hadn't come out.

It was both a crying day and a silent day. She had been quiet when London first got home, but had started crying while he was eating, and hadn't stopped for about half an hour. She was silent now, and London was sitting in the living room, listening anxiously.

His phone was open, and he was running his fingers along the keys, pressing none of them. He heard the bed in his mother's room creak, and then a muffled sob. London curled up and pressed his lips together. His nose felt hot and prickly, and his eyes stung. He ran his finger under his waterline, wiping away nothing.

A notification popped up: You have been added to a group chat by daizy889. London tapped the notification to open the chat.

Margarita: Hi, guys! :)

Jaiden: Hi!

London: what's up?

Margarita: Not much. I just wanted to talk to you guys!

Jaiden: ^.^

London: okay.

Margarita: We haven't had a group chat for a while, and they're fun!

London: they're more fun with pippa, though.

Margarita: I know. I added her.

Jaiden: It's OK though! I'm sure she'll B back on soon.

Margarita: I hope so.

Maxy: oh hey

Maxy: I just got the notification for this

Margarita: Hi!

Maxy: hey

Jaiden: Who's in the chat, Margarita?

Margarita: Everyone in our clique!

London: how is clique pronounced? i've always wondered that.

Margarita: Click.

London: really?

Jaiden: Yep!

London: i thought it was clikew or something.

Jaiden: LOL.

Maxy: clikew makes more sense though

Margarita: Or clikway, maybe.

London: nope. clikew or nothing.

Margarita: :P

Jaiden: They both make more sense than click.

London: hey guys, what do you call a bear in the rain?

Margarita: Drizzly bear.

London: i was going to say fred, but that works too.

Maxy: how old are you two

Margarita: :P

Maxy: im just kidding you know

Reese: Why did Melissa fall off the swing?

Crossing StarsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara