Chapter 8 - Starting To Change

Start from the beginning

Again the feeling in my stomach is back. It can't be butterflies. I can't like him. He would never like me back anyway. I mean he did almost kiss me the other day. So maybe he does feel the same way I do. Justin got closer and I felt his hand go on my waist. Our bodies were almost touching.

It's happening again. But hopefully nothing will interrupt us. I want to kiss him so bad. Which I never thought I would feel that way. He leaned in closer then I felt his lips against mine. I'm kissing my best friend. And it feels great. What. the. fuck. We pulled away and I just stared up at him.

Before one of us can say anything, the oven dinged meaning I can put the pizza in. I quickly moved away from him and put the pizza in the oven. I'm nervous I don't know what to say to him. I heard him chuckle. He knows me so well so I know he knows I'm just nervous. I turned back towards him. He had a little smirk on his face.

"I- uh- I have to go to the- uh bathroom" I stumbled on my words. He chuckled again.

"Right. The bathroom" he said nodding with a smile. I quickly walked out and into the bathroom.

There is no way me and Justin just kissed. He kissed me. Am I too drunk? Am I imagining this? How did this even happen? We've been best friends for so long and now things are starting to change. Okay deep breathe. I flushed the toilet so he thinks I actually went. Then turned on the sink and splashed my face a little. Sober up Jamie.

I walked back out and saw Justin wasn't in the kitchen anymore. So I walked into the living room and saw him sitting on the couch. So I sat down next to Ally on the other couch. I leaned my head back. Maybe I'll go to sleep. I'm tired and confused.

***

I sighed as I cleaned up the last of any mess we made last night. I'm still tired as hell. Chaz and Sarah left already. Ally is getting her stuff together right now to leave and Justin is in the bathroom before he leaves.

"Okay bye girl" Ally said putting her bag on her shoulder.

"Wait" I said quickly making her look at me weird. I walked over to her. "Justin and I kissed last night" I whispered to her.

"What?" She said in shock loudly.

"Shhh!" I shushed her. She smiled.

"Well now it's just gonna be you and him. Call me when he leaves. I wanna hear all details about it" she said back to me quietly. I nodded agreeing and she waved then walked out.

"Okay I'm gonna go now" I heard Justin's voice as he walked into the living room. "I have to meet with someone for the carnival performance" he told me.

"Oh okay. I'll talk to you later then" I said with a smile.

"I do have to go now, but I have to say something" he started as he grabbed his bag. "We're going to have to talk about that kiss last night" he said to me.

"Right. Yeah" I said nodding. "Maybe it was just because we were drinking." I suggested. I don't even know what to say.

"Not on my side" he told me. He took a few steps closer to me. "Jamie I've been uh-" he stopped and looked down at his feet. He laughed quietly to himself. Then looked back up at me. "I know this is weird for us because we have never been this way to each other. But somethings changed. I've been having feelings towards you. Look, I don't know if you feel the same, but the almost kiss the other day and the kiss last night showed it. I've always loved you as my best friend, but lately I've been so attracted to you. I didn't want to say anything because I was nervous you would-" I cut him off by pressing my lips into his. I heard his bag drop and his hands went onto my hips and my hands went onto his neck. I don't know what came over me. Hearing him say all of that made me want to kiss him. We pulled away and we both smiled at each other. "I guess that's my answer" we both laughed.