Chapter 29

Horrible.

Thats how that date went. I don't think anyone of us could see where it was going.

Flashback

The drive to the restaurant was quiet. Everything seemed so awkward. Jacob and Kiara were in the other car that was driving behind us. "So tell me again why they have to come?" I asked Jen who was driving while Anna was in the passenger seat. Me and Foster sat in the back.

"She's my friend and I let her come along. Deal with it." Anna snaps at me. I go to snap at her but Foster grabs my hand. I look at him but he just shakes his head, silently telling me to just drop it.

I internally huff but stay quiet. We pull up to the restaurant a little while later. Just as I'm about to climb out of the car Foster stops me. I look at him curiously but he only smiles.

"Stay here." He says and immediately climbs out of the car. He runs to my side and opens the door for me with a big smile. I smile back shyly and take the hand he offers me.

We meet Jen and Anna at the entrance of the restaurant while we wait for Jacob and Kiara.

The pull up soon enough, Jacob climbs out of the car and walks towards us, leaving Kiara there. She frowns but doesn't say anything, silently climbing out of the car.

She makes it to the group and we all walk in. Jen asks for our reservations and the waitress immediately takes us to our table. Jen sits next to Anna while I sit in between Foster and Jacob and Kiara sits next to Anna.

"Hi I'm Joshua and I'll be your server tonight. So what drinks can I get you guys?" A guy who looks a bit older says when he reaches our table. I look at the group and catch Anna staring at him, hungrily. I keep an eye on her but she quickly looks away from him and rather looks at the menu.

We order our drinks quickly and he rushes off to get them. The table suddenly goes silent, and awkward silent. I clear my throat and go to speak but Foster beats me to it.

"So Kiara when did Jacob ask you out?"

She smiles and starts to babble on and on about how he asked her out. "So I was in History lesson when he suddenly walked in and said 'We're going out tonight' then he left. I told Anna about it then she suggested we come on this date, so here we are." She smiles widely, you can see she really likes Jacob but when I look over at him I see him starring at his phone.

I kick him under the table and grab his phone. I put it into my pocket while ignoring the glare he's throwing my way. "What about you and Foster? Are you two a couple?" Kiara asks making me chuckle. "No we're just here as friends." I say to her smiling, I feel Foster fidget next to me but he says nothing.

I hear Jacob chuckle but again he says nothing as well. I look over Jen and Anna and they seem to be in their own little world with each other. Anna suddenly excuses herself from the table and walks towards the direction of the bathroom.

As she walks past Joshua she sends him a wink then walks into the bathroom.

"Excuse me." I say standning up and walking to the bathroom. I silently creep inside, making sure not to make any noise.

"Yes...I know I'm not allowed to...yes I'm using her...Jennifer is not important to me at all, all part of the plan remember-"

I don't listen to anything else, I dash out of the bathroom and run to Jen. "Jen! We need to get out of here." I say desperately, making everyone look at me. "Why? What's wrong? Is it Dennis?" She's asks me worriedly.