Chapter Thirteen: Star Destroyer 2187

Star Destroyer 2187

Kanan's POV

This mission wasn't going to be easy, but we weren't going to let that stop us. We had to find Ezra and Ingrid. There was no question about it. There was no backing out.

You were either in, or you were out. It was as simple as that. All I had to do was sneak into the transmitter room and have Sabine hack the transmission and find out which star destroyer Ezra and Ingrid were on.

We were on our way to the transmitter tower. This plan was going to work. It had to!

"Kanan, we're almost there." Hera said. "I'm going to land a few miles south so that the Imperials won't know we're here."

"Sounds good, Hera. Just get us as close as you can." I replied. And that's exactly what Hera did. She landed a few miles away from the tower. Sabine, Zeb, Chopper and I got on the Phantom, the ship that they wouldn't recognize and flew to the tower.

We landed, the Imperial troopers that were stationed outside of the tower didn't think too much of us. That is, until we stepped out of the Phantom and they realized who we were.

"Rebels! Blast them!" One trooper yelled. Zeb was quick, he ran over and slammed their heads together. They fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Nice job." Sabine commented.

"I love smashing bucket heads." Zeb replied with a smirk.

"Let's just get inside," I said. "Chop, open the doors."

Chopper beeped and went over to the door. He began to unlock the doors. He got the doors to open and in that exact moment, about a dozen troopers came at us.

"This place isn't supposed to be so heavily guarded!" Sabine exclaimed as she shot a few troopers. I pulled my blaster out and began to fire at the troopers.

"Why are there so many of 'em?!" Zeb demanded.

"I don't know!" I replied. I shot one trooper in the chest. "Sabine, follow me! Zeb, you hold them here!" I yelled.

"On it!" Sabine replied.

"I'll handle them out here!" Zeb added. He used his bowstaff to continue to take the troopers down while Sabine and I ran inside the tower and down the halls towards the transmitter room.

"There it is!" Sabine exclaimed as we came upon a door. She tried to open it, but it was locked. "Blast, it's locked!" She said.

"Where's Chopper?" I asked. "He can open the door!"

"I think he's still outside." Sabine sighed. I pulled my com out.

"Specter 1 to Specter 3, come in, Specter 3!" I exclaimed. I heard many excited beeps from the other end of the line. Chopper was beeping frantically. "Specter 3, I need you to get down here right now!" He beeped again. "Please just hurry." I sighed.

About five minutes later, Chopper came rolling down the hallway. "Finally, what took you so long?" Sabine asked. Chopper beeped, probably something rude, and came to a stop in front of the door's control panel. He opened the door for us and we rushed inside.

Sabine closed the door and locked it behind us, just in case. We turned around and saw four or five stormtroopers. We all stared at each other for a moment. "Uh, hey." I said, waving a little. They pulled their blasters out and began to fire at us. I ducked behind a control panel and pulled my blaster out as well.

Sabine and I began to fire at them. I hit two in the chest and they fell to the ground, dead. Sabine hit three others. We had taken them all down. "I think I won." Sabine said, putting her blasters back in their holsters.

"Wait, what?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I shot one more trooper than you." She replied. I sighed.

"Whatever, just try to hack the frequency." I sighed and watched as Sabine walked over. She took her helmet off and set it on the table. She began to type away on the computer. "Have you found anything yet?" I asked.

"Shh! Just give me a minute, would you?" Sabine asked. I raised my arms in surrender.

"Alright, alright, sorry." I replied.

A few minutes passed and she finally smiled, cheering a bit. "Haha! I think I've found where they're holding Ezra and Ingrid!' Sabine said happily.

"Really?" I felt my spirits lift. "Where? Which Star Destroyer are they on?"

"It says they're on..." Sabine looked at the screen. "Star destroyer 2187." She then looked at me. "And, like Dev said, the ship hasn't left the system."

Yes! We knew where to find them now! "That's great, now let's get out of here and go get Ezra and Ingrid!" I exclaimed. Sabine smiled.

"Specter 5 to Ghost, we have the info we need, be ready to come and get us. Specter 4, you take the Phantom and reattach it to the Ghost. We'll see you back on the ship." Sabine said into her com.

"I'm on it, Specter 5!" Zeb replied. Sabine looked at me.

"Let's go, Hera's going to pick us up." She said. "Let's go!"

Sabine, Chopper, and I ran back down the hallway and outside. Zeb had already gotten the Phantom out and reattached it to the Ghost. I saw the Ghost, it was on it's way towards us. The cargo ramp had been opened and we saw Zeb standing there. He was shooting at the remaining stormtroopers, covering our escape.

Hera landed the Ghost as close to the ground as she could and then Sabine jumped on to the ship. Chopper used his rocket to fly up to the ramp and land on the ship. I jumped up and landed on the ship while blocking a few blasts with my lightsaber, which I had ignited earlier.

Zeb hit the button and closed the ramp's doors. "Is everyone alright?" Hera asked over the com.

"Yeah, yeah we're all fine." I replied. "Hera, we need to find somewhere to land for a little while so we can come up with a plan to save Ezra and Ingrid."

"I'm on it." Hera replied. We felt a shift, she had turned the Ghost around. We were going to save Ezra and Ingrid. We were going to get them back.

The Inquisitor was going to lose.

[Finally updated. Sorry it's been so long. Well, it's only been a few days but it feels like I haven't updated in a while. I really hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I realize that it's sort of dragged out, but I didn't want to make it too short. So sorry about that.

Also, did you guys catch the Force Awakens reference that I made? Tell me in the comments what it is if you know! First person to comment the answer will get a shoutout in the next chapter!

~xoxo, allthemfanfics]