Chapter 3

The gang stayed up watching movies till after midnight. They kept their pact and had their phones placed at the center of the table. Sally was the first one to doze off curled up in a blanket next to Adam.

"Okay you know what, I think it's time for bed." Chad noticed Sally and Adam barely staying awake.

"How about you take Sally to your room and me and Adam will sleep here on the pull-out couch." Chad suggested.

"I am not gonna wake her up, she's barely ever quite." Adam quietly stated.

"That's okay we can all stay here, it's not so bad. It'll be like when we were kids." Kris suggested.

"Kris c'mon, why are you being so paranoid. It's so unlike you." Chad said.

"Look... there's something I didn't tell you guys. Last night there was someone at the door. I heard a knock but when I went to see there was no one there." She reluctantly shared.

"Classic scary movie shit." Adam commented. Chad kicked him in the shin.

"Look it's not my paranoia over the story okay. There is something odd, like someone is watching. I know you don't believe me but please just..." she gave up convincing her friends, she didn't know any other way.

"We're sorry Kris, look just calm down." Chad got up to give her a hug, she tried not to cry burying her head into his shoulder.

"Okay how about I stay with you tonight, I'll keep you safe I promise. You need to sleep now." Kris nodded wiping off her tears.

"I'll go wash up, Adam you remember the guest room, right?" Adam nodded with a smirk. Chad punched Adam in the shoulder, as Kris left, knowing well enough why he was smirking like an idiot. He followed Kris to her room leaving Adam in pain. He watched them leave and as soon as they were out of sight tried waking Sally up.

"Sal...hey Sal." He tried waking her up gently.

"Ugh, what? "she replied in an annoyed sleepy voice as she curled up even more under her blanket.

"Hey, c'mon you are not going to believe this." He said rather excited. Sal just wailed still determined to get her sleep.

"Chad and Kris are up there doing it." He said with a big stupid grin on his face. Sal woke up quick after that, wide awake in shock. She looked at Adam's stupid smile and punched him on the shoulders.

"No freaking way."

"Ow, you know you guys need to stop using me as your punching bag." He irritably said. "But yeah, and finally. Their will they won't they crap was getting annoying anyway."

"No but they can't." Sal stoop up throwing her blanket away. She turned her phone back on scared and shocked.

"Hey, we made a pact." Adam reminded her but she just rebuffed him.

"This cannot be happening, we have to stop them." She pushed Adam's feet of the table to make way for herself.

"Whoa whoa stop. What do you think you are doing?" Adam quickly stood to block her way.

"Adam, I read the story okay." She confessed showing him her phone opened at the latest chapter.

"Sal, why?" he looked at her in disappointment. She didn't had time to feel guilty about breaking some pact.

"You know you can't really stop me, I can easily kick your ass." She stood in power-pose in front of him as he remembered all those time she had beaten him.

"Look, I don't know what you read in the story and I don't care. Those are our friends up there. Our best friends in the whole world. You really wanna walk in on them doing it, that's an image that's not gonna get out of your head." He made her think.