Chapter 4

"Shit!" It was no happy news with the new chapter for the trio. Chad read out loud for them to hear.

'As Kelly drove back home, after the argument with Liam on Eugene's funeral, she drove way above speed limit. The only thing gave her some peace was driving so she did, she drove and drove but little did she know it was her last drive. An oncoming truck, after running a red light impaled onto her car, leaving her faith hanging in the balance.'

"Okay! You were right, this is all stupid. Nothing happened after Adam's funeral. We didn't have a fight and here I am." Kris ignored the chill went through her body hearing those words and denied it persistently.

"That wasn't a fight?" Chad asked her.

"And it's not happening word by word. We can't take any chance."

"Okay you know what, just for your sake and to prove you wrong I'll drive you. It says you were driving alone, and angry. So..."

"So, I don't drive alone." Kris finished his sentence.

"In fact, let's all just stick together until this is all over. And when it is, I don't wanna hear another word about any of this." Chad said.

They all drove to Kris's place soon after that, all of them were at the edge of their seat through the way, getting a jump on every car or bike that over takes them or passes by speedily. Chad had his hands gripped right on the wheel, making sure to check twice at every intersection.

"What the hell?" He finally broke the silence as the car started breaking down not a mile away from home. He quickly moved to the side of the road. They all got out together. The girls stood at the side walk as Chad tried looking for a problem with the car.

"Are you scared?" Sal asked a clearly anxious Kris.

"You are doing that thing with you nails again, scrapping off the nail paint." She told her.

"Wouldn't you be scared if you thought you knew how and when death is coming for you?"

"Somebody needs to call the roadside assistance, I can't fix with a wrench that Sal has in her car in the name of tools." Chad informed the girls, Kris took out her phone to look for a number as Sal went to Chad.

"I have more tools, I mean I don't know where they are but they are here I am sure." She helped Chad look for them as Kris searched for the number.

"Ah! See I told you there were more tools." Sal having found the tools under the back seat called out to Chad. Unbeknownst to them or may be Kris, she has walked to the center of the road.

"Kris!" Chad called out to her as the speeding unstable car rushed in her direction. Chad dropped everything he had in his hand and ran to her. Kris's feet froze to the road in fear. Screeching of tires on the road was so loud as the driver pushed breaks, that Kris had to cover her ears as passersby shouted at her to move. Her head said move but her legs unfortunately didn't receive the message as the car hit her. Chad and Sal ran to her unconscious body.

"Kris! Kris... no no. Wake up!" Chad shouted as he lifted her head up of the road. The crowd gathered around them as Sal called the emergency. They didn't care about the driver at that moment, the passersby took care of him, all they wanted was for kris to open her eyes.

Sal and Chad spend the night at the hospital right by Kris's bed. The doctor has told them she had broken her left arm but there was no serious damage but a few bruises and that she was lucky. But they knew better, they knew this wasn't the end and that their window of time was getting smaller and smaller.

"You should go home, I'll stay with her. Your parents must be worried." Chad said to Sal who was sitting right next to Kris.

"No that's okay, I called my mom and told her what happened."