Chapter 1

A/N(one and only): Hey guys, so this is my first attempt at horror. Let me know what you think, if its intriguing or not... I kept the chapters short in this one.

Although it might not be shitting-your-pants scary but I also hope its not putting-you-to-sleep boring either :P

***********************************************************

The fashion of reading a book like old days is washing away instead e-reading is becoming popular. So many e-book sites are there giving young people as well as adults a chance to tell their story to the world and also give book lovers something fresh to read every day, every hour.

There are so many old tales of haunted typewriters, but this story is a modern day twist on those stories. And at the center of it was Jess.

Jess was a shy high school student, who spends most her weekends buried in books in her own little world. She is also an amateur and passionate writer. Although amateur, her stuff is very much loved my online readers. She has been a member of a site called www.Writeup!.com. She has hundreds of fans following her work on the website. She spends hours working on her stories, usually late night.

She doesn't have many friends but two childhood best friends, who appreciate her but always push her to get out of her comfort zone time to time dragging her to parties for once.

"You know it wouldn't kill you if just come with us for once." The trio usually video chatted late night before going to bed. Jess slit her screen in half, writing on one side and talking to them on other. It was way past mid night as Jess worked on her new stuff.

"You gotta get out of your shell someday, when is the last time you interacted with outside people... outside of your head people." Sam continued.

"And you know whose party this is right? Andy Sullivan. He's got a crush on you." Mark joined the conversation.

"No he does not." Jess protested.

"He so does." He stressed. "He specifically asked me to bring you to the party."

"I really like us talking on video conference, that way I can shut you off whenever I want." Jess gave him a humorless smile while Mark just mimicked her.

"Ugh let's change the topic. Guess what we are wearing this year?" Sam changed the topic excitedly.

"Well it is Halloween and I guess like every year you two are going as Popeye and Olive." She said in an obvious tone.

"No, we are going as red riding hood and big bad wolf." She had a broad smile on her face.

"Yeah red really suits me." She added.

"Sam, riding hood and wolf weren't—"Jess was confused until Mark shushed her.

"Bup bup, I wanna be a wolf." He said and Jess didn't correct Sam.

"So what do you have in mind for costume?" Sam asked her. Jess had no costume, she wasn't planning to go anywhere on Halloween but sit at home and eat her brothers candy.

"Hold on guys, I got an email." She clicked open the mail and minimized the video chat screens. It was an e-vite from the website she wrote for. They were having a writer's convention, a day before Halloween for the first time in her town.

"Seriously?" she said in a mocking uninterested tone and deleted the mail.

"What what what's going on?" Mark said and Jess Maximize the screen back up; and told them about the e-vite.

"You have to go." Sam commanded.

"Yeah this is the first time your dorky site is doing something fun. You can meet your dorky fans and friends there." Mark said.