Chapter 5

"Al right, here give her this when she wakes up. It'll help with the pain." Jess handed Sal the medicine. She still had the hockey stick in one hand but was not holding it for 'just in case'. She had let Chad and Sal move Kris over to the couch.

"What are these?" Sal asked her as she looked at the medicine label.

"My mom's a doctor, relax it's nothing but a pain reliever."

"Alright, tell us how you are doing this?" Chad was getting impatient.

"Do what? I don't even understand what you are talking about?" Sal had filled her in on their theory.

"Oh, c'mon don't bullshit us, she is dying and you need to fix this." He yelled at her.

"Lower your voice alright. I only let you in because of your friend. You are kind of a douche bag, listen to yourself. I am writing a fiction, not your life story. I don't even know any one of you. This is crazy. You are taking a story way too seriously. Get a grip." Chad was quick to start an argument with his impatient and Jess seemed equally annoyed and suspicious at him.

"Just tell us what have you written next, just tell us the story and we'll be on our way." Chad, quite rudely, said to her just as Kris woke up.

"I haven't written anything after that." She told them.

"What!?" Chad angrily yelled at her.

"I am having a writer's block, that's why haven't been online lately."

"You--" Kris interrupted Chad before he completely loses his temper.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" She tried sitting up. Sal took Jess to other side of the room, before things get even more tensed between her and Chad.

"You have to calm yourself, I can't have you go crazy on me. We need her help you have to stop pissing her off." She took his hand as he sat beside her.

"Kris, I am scared. I lost Adam and I couldn't help him. I cannot lose you too. I'll do anything to save you. I don't like this either, it's just I don't know what else to do." He just hugged her not knowing what else to do.

"I am sorry about him, after Adam we are all a little scared and he's just a guy crazy in love. He's not such a bad guy really." Meanwhile Sal tired fixing the damage Chad's temper had done.

"Look I get that okay. And I would help you if I could but I can't. This is stupid, you must know that." Jess said to her.

"Just tell us what were you planning to write. Maybe we can figure something out." Chad said, now trying harder to be calm and polite.

"I really don't have anything, I am literally stuck."

"Alright what's your...process?" Kris asked her unsurely.

"I don't know, it just comes to me. I don't really sit with a pen and paper and start writing. I can't force an idea out."

"Well, you are gonna do exactly that now. Here!" Chad handed her a pad and pen and made her sit on the lazy-boy. Jess sat their confused and startled.

"Is he deaf?" she asked the girls.

"Look just try, please." Kris asked her and Jess reluctantly sat to write. An hour passed by nearing midnight and Jess had nothing. The three of them just did what any anxious person did. Sal was pacing back and forth, Kris lied back on the couch and Chad impatiently fidgeting sat next to Jess watching over her the whole time.

"This isn't gonna work." Jess broke the silence.

"Why?"

"Why?! Can you work when some loud insensitive jerk is constantly checking up on you." She angrily looked at Chad. He stood up rolling his eyes to sit next to frightened Kris.