Debito

I smiled as I locked up the shop and headed to the house, a nice lady had stopped telling me that Rica was going on a date with a man and that I could head home myself, so I closed up early and started back to the house but decided to stop at a very shops to get groceries. After I was done at the last shop I was trying to put the change into my little pouch till I had bumped into someone and was about to fall back. I closed my eyes waiting for the dirty ground and my butt to collide but it never came; instead I felt a pair of arms around my waist and on my side touching my back.

I opened my eyes and looked into a golden eye, he slowly helped stand up right, once I was standing up again I looked at his features, he had tanned skin and grey silver hair that was slicked back. He also had on a black eye patch that covered his right eye. He was taller than my by another head, he was very good looking.

"Are you alright?" He asked in a kind deep voice that sent a trickle of a shiver down my spine.

I nodded my head stepping back slightly, "Um, yes thank you and sorry for bumping into you I wasn't paying any attention to where I was going" I said his left arm still around my waist.

He smiled at my attempt to get out of his embrace and tightened his hand a little, heat rose to my cheeks at the gesture, "No, it was me, I'm sorry, I should of been more watchful of such a beautiful girl walking around with so many heavy bags"

It was clear he was flirting, and it wasn't helping with my stupid blush that was growing more with time as he kept his hand on my waist. What made it worst, or some other girls mind better, his hand was touching the skin on my waist which was starting to heat up there. "No, really it was my fault... please um, can you let go of me now?"

He smirked at me and lowered his hand letting her linger a little bit longer till it went back to his side while his other hand was in his pocket. "Sorry"

"It's alright" I said shuffling the bags from hand to hand, "I should be going"

His hand stretched out as he took the bags that were in my right hand making me stop and look at him, "I'll help you home, they look heavy and are clearly leaving some marks on your pretty little wrists" I blushed as he stood by my side, "You'll have to lead the way since I don't know where you live" he said smiling.

"Um, okay" I said walking ahead, he was right by my side the whole time, at one point he had wrapped an arm around my shoulders making me blush even more at the contact and attention this man was showering on me. First Dante is kind and gives me little compliments now this guy who I don't even know is taking me home and is touching me. Of course I'm not totally stupid I won't be leading this stranger to Rica and my home, it would be horrible and I wouldn't know what to do with my life if I was the cause of ruining Rica's life just like how I had ruined Stephanie's and Georges life. Just thinking about them my mood had dropped down into the gutter, I fought the tears that wanted to rise and fall down my cheeks.

"You alright?"

I looked at him, his hand that was on my shoulder came up and touched my cheek wiping something, when his hand was in between us I looked down and there was some kind of liquid on his finger...It was a tear! Am I crying? I looked at him, "I..." I didn't finish, instead I turned and ran, I felt them now, they were falling down my cheeks, I bit my lower lip trying to stop myself, I quickly opened the front door and slammed it close behind me. My back against the door I dropped the bags to the ground and fell down onto my butt and pulled my knees up to my chest and cried. I left half my groceries with that man, great.

I jumped when I heard knocking at the door, "Hello?" Shit, it was him, I thought I lost him when I ran off, how did he find me? "Hey, you left your bags!" I can't answer, "Hello" Don't breath a word! "I know you're there, I heard you crying a moment ago" He said quieter this time, I sat there for a second then stood and cracked open the door after wipping my face.

"Drop the bags and go away please"

"Did I make you cry?" He asked lightly looking into my eyes.

"No, please go"

"What happened?"

"Nothing"

"Why don't you want to tell me?"

"Why do you care?" I said that with a little more attitude than I wanted to give off but I couldn't help it, this man followed me and was digging into my past that I clearly don't want to talk about.

"Sorry" He said setting the bags down, "I only want to help if I am able" he said, his hand went back to my cheek this time it rested there as he starred into my eyes, "A beautiful girl should never have a reason to cry"

Great, he's trying to use this as a way to get in and most likely have his way then leave without ever giving me his name or anything, "Please, go away"

"My name is Debito" He said lowering his hand down and holding it out to me.

I looked down to his hand a little surprised, "Um" I reached out opening the door a little more and took his hand, "Ezera"

"That's a beautiful name, perfect for -"

"A beautiful girl" I said interrupting him, "I'm sorry but I won't be inviting you in or anything, and you certainly won't be gaining or getting anything"

"I figured, you aren't like other girls, I can tell by just one look" He said smiling, his thumb rubbed a small circle on my inner wrist, "It was a pleasure to meet you Ezera, I'll be seeing you around"

With that he left, I watched his back disappear in the distance before I bent and grabbed the bags that were on the front porch and brung them in. After putting everything away, I heated myself up some lasagna and ate it as I read my book.

Rica got home around 9, I didn't even realize the time or anything, "How was your date?"

"Nice, he was a very kind man"

"Hm" I said smiling looking at her, her cheeks were a little pink, it was nice to see her like this, enjoying her life and doing what makes her happy.

"Be quiet" She said smiling.

I laughed and looked at her, "I didn't say anything"

"Hm, you thinking it"

"Yeah, thinking that's different than speaking" I said smiling to her.

"Oh, it's late, come let's go to bed"

"Alright" I said grabbing my book and went to my room after I told her goodnight.

I changed into my pj's, short shorts and a flowy tank top, then sat in bed and red some more. Around midnight I turned my lamp off and turned to my window and looked at the moon. I was getting excited for tomorrow, hopefully seeing Dante and Jolly will use my hurt mind and make me feel a little better. With that I closed my eyes and fell asleep with the light wind blowing in and grazing my already cool skin. See you tomorrow Dante, Jolly.

*HELLO EVERYONE!!! HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!!! PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!!! THANK YOU!!!!*