ARRIVING AT REGALO

It was June 14th, 5 o'clock in the evening and I was walking on a peer thinking of everything that had happened to me in the past year. So much had happened it was hard for me to get my thoughts together. It's sad but it feels like there was more bad times than there was good, not to say there wasn't a few good times here and there but it would always and forever be impossible to think about them without thinking about the dark times that followed. I currently at this beautiful peer because I'm running from another dark memory soon to haunt me in my sleep along with it's other friends.

What makes my mood worse right now is that right before me is a happy beautiful family that's fishing and having a great time while I'm trying to run from a horrifying one myself. Looking at the girl that looks about the same age as me smiling and having a good time with her family makes my heart just want to crumble into a billion little pieces.

I would give anything to be able to have one perfect moment in my life like hers. This past year my foster parents died, the sadder part is that they died in the beginning of the year and because I'm 17 and soon to be 18 child services told me that there would be no point in putting me back into the system because I'll get kicked out of the foster home and living on the streets.

So for a few weeks I walked the streets and slept in some of the most uncomfortable of places. Some nights the only way for me to fall asleep was to cry myself to sleep, then other homeless people yell at me to shut up because I'm not the only one who has to sleep out here.

Then a few weeks later a sweet old lady saw me and asked me if I would help her carry her bags because they were so heavy. One glance at the bags and one can tell they were pretty light but I still helped her, her eyes shined with a motherly glow in them, it was really comforting to see after seeing so much darkness for so long. So I had followed her carrying her bags, she talked about bright things even though we were surrounded by darkness. But it was nice talking to her, talking to her and listening took my mind off the fact that I was thrown onto the streets and had no home to claim. When we had arrived to her house, it was a nice cute little house with a decent little yard and a wired fence that was about 5feet tall. The house was a light blue with some paint that was peeling off in some places, but she had many pretty flowers in her yard along with a pretty apple tree. She had opened the gate and closed it behind me while she was opening her front door she was warning me that she had a dog and he would most likely jump and bark at me at first but once he sniffed me he would love me like a I was a bone.

That made me laugh and nod my head, and as soon as the door opened, like she said a dog came running and when he was right in front of me he jumped up against me and sniffed , he was a malamute chow, he was a Blondie with big brown chocolate eyes that made me think of a lion. She told me his name was Bear, which made me smile, i scratched behind his ear and kissed his nose, once he hopped off of me I followed he to her kitchen and set the bags down on her counter and was about to leave till she stopped me telling me she was going to feed me for my good deeds. Although I had refused she kept getting at me so I sat at a small table with 4 chairs while she was making me a sandwich, then gave me some chips, a soda and a small slice of strawberry cheese cake.

After i was done eating I rinsed my dishes and thanked her before I left. A week later I saw her again with more bags, she saw me and smiled and lifted up the bags, I walked over and took a few bags from her and went through the same thing all over again, this time she told me her name, it was Stephanie, I smiled at her as she opened the gate and she asked me my name, but right before I told her my name I made eye contact with a man, he was wearing a suit, he had on a blue shirt and a white tie, his hair was jet black like a raven but his eyes were covered with black sun glasses, "My name is Ezera"

After i gave her my name I watched as he walked away slowly, there was something that drew to him, he had clearly stood out in this poor side of this town, he was dressed very neatly and cleaned up. After he was out of site I walked in and the same thing happened again except this time I met her husband, he was a nice man his name was George. After a few months George had told me that they had a spare room and that I was welcome to stay in it, I was nervous and hesitant about taking up the offer but after them talking to me and telling me that i would be intruding that they wanted me to stay with them I excepted and ended up instantly moving in. That night I took a nice long shower cleaning myself up.

For the next few months of living with them I struggling from the people on the streets every time I went grocery shopping. There was always harassment everywhere I went and threats from random people and what really started to scare me was the letters that were threating the lives of these kind people, whenever I tried to leave they would ask me why and if they deemed my reason not good enough they would fight with me and I end up staying with them.

But that all changed when last month we all came back from a day of shopping and the place was torn up, that garden that Stephanie had worked so hard on was ripped up from the ground and the tree was cut up, Stephanie cried while George held onto her and Bear was whimpering walked around the house. My heart broke, after we were done cleaning up I went to my room and once inside I saw that my room was spotless, I saw a letter on my pillow I quickly closed my door and read the letter, it was threating me and them again and this time i left in the middle of the night, i wrote a letter to them thanking them for everything and left my clothes except for the ones that I was first wearing on my first day meeting them and left getting on a boat and 2 days later i was on an island called Regalo.

*HELLO EVERYONE, I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE MY NEW STORY! LET ME KNOW WHAT THINK! PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW!!!!!*