Chapter Twenty Two - Eiffel Tower

Tonight I was going with Duke to the Eiffel Tower. Riley, Jaymi and I were home at 6, lying around as we waited for him to come home.
I was becoming nervous, for many different reasons. One, because I planned on telling Duke that I was going to help Vampires become human again to fulfil their family needs. Two, I was going to the Eiffel Tower. Three, it was getting late, and I was worried something had happened to him.

I debated using my gift of drifting to see what was happening, but I decided that I'd give it another fifteen minutes before I was to do it.

I clasped my hands together on my stomach and looked up at the ceiling, twiddling my thumbs

"Don't stress, he'll be back soon" Riley spoke, obviously sensing my tension "He wouldn't miss taking you to the Eiffel Tower for the world" He smiled , as I noticed Jaymi stifling a laugh.

I was tempted to ask what her deal was, again, but held back. I rolled my eyes and stared back up at the plain white painted ceiling when another ten minutes passed. I was becoming insanely irritable.
I sat up and was about to head back up to my room when I heard the front door click open and shut again.

"See" Riley tilted an eyebrow at me with a grin

I stood and walked towards the small hall where Duke stopped when he saw me

"Hey" I smiled, glad to see him

"Hey" He smiled weakly in return

"Well, you kids have fun tonight, Jaymi and I are going out for a bit" Riley spoke, his eyes lingering, especially towards Duke as he passed us.
He swiftly dragged Jaymi along behind him with her hand in his, heading for the exit.

"Have fun" Jaymi called as they closed the door behind themselves

"What is wrong with them?" I asked, my eyes on the bee line they'd left behind

Duke looked above me and shook his head, but I could see a small smile that he attempted to force back force it's way through.
I took a step back to narrow my eyes at him, suspicious.

"You know why they're acting like this, don't you?" I asked, my arms over my chest

His smile finally escaped, as much as he tried to keep it at bay

"Tell me" I demanded "I'm the only one that doesn't know about this little joke and it's uncomfortable"

"That's the point" He mumbled, barely audible while he walked past me, lightly bumping my shoulder where he headed upstairs

I stood motionless for a moment, confused, annoyed, and then I followed, travelling up towards him
I took two steps at a time, eager to pull whatever secret they were withholding from me out. I would seduce it out if I had too.

I pushed the bedroom door open just in time to see Duke shirtless, tossing around a few shirts inside of the cupboard.

Keeping my gaze off his toned muscles was an obstacle, but I managed my eyes back up to his face where his eyes travelled over me, a smile remaining on his perfect lips.

I walked towards him and stood closely beside him, almost feeling the heat radiate off of his cold body. I put my hands on my hips and looked inside of the drawer where he was tossing around the shirts

"Need help there?" I asked him, tilting an eyebrow

"No thank you"

"Are you sure?" I asked

"I'm sure"

His fingers tossed aside another shirt before he pulled out another, shutting the draw back closed. He pulled the fabric over his head, every muscle in his body flexing, distracting me.