Twenty-Nine

She fell back on the bed, holding her nose. I held my knuckles, they stung a lot. I didn't want to look weak, so I turned and went to my duffle.

I shoved everything in there, not looking at the stuff I was throwing in. Who cares if I got a couple of Kian's shirts? I had just yanked the zipper up, when someone grabbed my shoulder.

"Avery. Just-" I stopped him.

"I'm leaving, we are done." His expression changed rapidly. I soften the slightest at his glossy eyes.

"Can we just talk for a second?" He pleaded. I frowned, I honestly didn't know how much longer I could stand being here. "10 minutes."

"5." I argued.

"10." A smiled played on his lips. I struggled to compose my own expression.

"5 or nothing." He sighed, and nodded, opening the door for me. I stepped through, with my duffle.

He waved me off, and turned to the girl. I started walking, but heard him tell her to leave. A smile formed on my mouth, as I sat on the couch.

Kian came down a second later, the girl behind him. She walked straight to the door, looking down. She was gone in a minute, and Kian came to sit down next to me.

"No." I said bluntly. He looked hurt, but sat across from me anyways. He looked at me, waiting. "You wanted to talk to me, so talk."

"Ok. I'm sorry. What I did was fucked up on so so so many levels. It didn't mean anything, and I shouldn't of done it." He took a breathe. "I love you. I truly do. I would never do anything to hurt you. I'm sorry that I've broken your heart. " His eyes got glossy again.

"Kian. I know you did, and I know your sorry. I love you, a lot. But the thing is, you don't love me." He went to speak, but I stopped him. "If you loved me you wouldn't hurt me. And frankly, that's all you do."

Once again he looked hurt himself. "Avery. Babe, just give me another chance and I swear I'll-"

"No, I've given you too many chances already. I'm tried of this, this abuse. It's constant heartache and these battles. I can't Kian. I'm sorry." I stood up.

"Avery! No." He tried to stop me, but I proceeded towards the door. "Please baby." I looked back at him. He. Was. Crying.

It hurt me physically and emotionally to walk away, but I had to. I had to leave him, for good. "I'm sorry Kian." I opened the door.

"Please, I'm begging you." He sobbed. I shook my head. "I love-"

"That will make this 100x harder." I squeezed my eyes shut. I walked further out the door. He started walking, but I picked up my pacing. Just as I made it out, I realized I had walked. I turned down the street, almost jogging.

"AVERY!" He screamed. A warm tear slipped down my cheek.

"Bye, Kian." I whimpered, pulling away from him, I sprinted as hard as I could. "I love you."

-------------------------------------------------------------

I went straight to Jean's. My mind was boggled. Tears streamed down my cheeks like waterfalls. The whole freaking world disgusted me.

"I HATE THIS FUCKING TOWN!" I screamed, just as I made it to her lawn. I ran into her house, and gathered my stuff. After that, I went into the kitchen and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen.

Jeanelle,
You know I love you with all my heart. But right now I can't take this crappy town. I need to get out, now. I don't know where I'm going, just somewhere. I love you! I'll call you ASAP.
- Avery

I folded it up and placed it on the counter. Quickly, I headed out the door, and to my house. It was closer than Kian's so I made it in about 15 minutes. My dad was working, no doubt, so I walked right in.

I hopped up the stairs, and packed anything and everything in my 2 suitcases. It took me awhile, but it was worth it. I finally made it down the stairs, and into the kitchen. I did the same thing I had done at Jeanelle's.

Father,
I'm leaving. Call me if you care, or don't, doesn't matter to me. I'm done with this bullshit town, and the bullshit people in it. Goodbye.
-Avery

I placed it on the island and walked to the front door. I grabbed my car keys and the whole damn money jar, and walked to my car. The old truck never looked better, I threw my stuff in the bed and hopped in. "Let's roll." (#BuyAliveOnITunes)

-------------------------------------------------------------

I arrived at LAX a half hour later. "Hi, what's the next flight leaving?" I asked the reception lady.

"Um.. Florida, at 3:50." She smiled. I nodded, and grabbed my credit card.

"One ticket there please." She nodded and swiped my card. I wasn't surprised that I had enough money, I've never really made any big purchases.

"Happy Birthday!" She laughed. I was taken aback for a second, but then remembered.

"Hah, thanks." I smiled a little. She handed me the information, and I headed to security. After going through security, I made my way to my gate.

I got a call just as I sat down. "Hello?"

"Avery?! Where are you?!" Jean asked panicked.

"Chill, I'm going to Florida." I stated.

"What?!" She yelled, so loud I had to hold the phone away from my ear. "What about school?"

"Fuck that." I laughed.

"Who is this? It's not Avery." She joked.

"It is. Listen, I just need to leave. I'll be back... soon?" I estimated. I heard her sigh.

"Fine, I only trust you cause your Avery." She laughed.

"Bye bitch!" I heard Trevor say.

"Bye Trevy!" I smiled, these people were the best. "I'll miss you guys."

"We'll miss you too." Jean said.

Right on time, the intercom sounded. "Now boarding flight 47 to Florida."

"Well, I'll call you when I get there." I smiled in relief. "Come pick up my car, would ya?"

"Sure thing." She laughed. "I love you, Aves."

"I love you too, Jeanelle. And Trev." They chuckled. "See ya soon."

"Just, don't be too reckless." She scolded a little.

"No promises." I grinned. "Bye guys."

"Bye!" They both chimed. And with that I boarded the plane that would lead me to a new, better life.😊

THE END!!!