Chapter Twenty Two

Judith wondered if apparating away would be appropriate in the situation she had found herself in. With Fred nowhere in sight, she began to feel slightly panicked as Harry made his way over to where they stood to speak with her.

Of course, by then, both men were completely confused by each other's association with Judith. To any bystander that looked over at the scene, it looked like Judith had strung along two guys and was caught in the act.

"What is going on, Judith?" George asked.

"If I even tried to explain to you right now, you wouldn't believe me."

"Why not?"

"Because George, it's really really really complicated."

Harry finally reached them.

"Judith-"

"How did you know I was here?" she interrupted him quickly.

"I didn't actually. I spoke with your grandmother earlier and she told me you were at the Leaky Cauldron, so when I didn't find you there, I walked around for a bit. It was only George's hair that caught my attention and then I saw you."

"Oh."

Harry peered down at Renna's grave and then back up at Judith.

"We need to further discuss what happened the other day in the Auror Office."

"I rather we didn't right now." Judith said scratching the side of her head. That was one of the last topics on her mind to bring up on a first day.

Hi, I'm Judith Wagner, I like tea and quidditch...oh and I've been possessed by Voldemort. No big deal.

She groaned at her own thoughts before sending a silent plea to Harry to keep quiet about the incident, however, Harry had already sparked George's curiosity.

"What is going on?" he repeated. "What happened the other day in the Auror Office?"

Harry ignored him and held Judith's arm gently.

"I know you don't want to think about it Judith, but something like that cannot be ignored."

"I know but right now is really not a good time..."

"There is never a good time when it comes to dealing with Voldemort." Harry said.

George's eyes grew wide. "What did you say, Harry?"

Judith was begging for Fred or her grandmother to come out of nowhere and give her advice on what to do because in that moment she was frozen to her spot.

"What about Voldemort, Harry?" George glanced back and forth between Judith and Harry. "He's dead, why is he being brought up? I want to know what's going on!"

Hearing George Weasley become angry was odd for both Judith and Harry. They had seen him happy, they had seen him sad, but never angry. The more time that passed and he was left in the dark about the situation, he appeared to become even more frustrated with the two.

"I..." she began, but a sense of relief washed over her as she saw Fred making his way over to them. "Fred..." she uttered out.

Harry turned but George continued staring at her.

"What?"

"Judith what's going on?" Fred asked looking to his brother and then to Harry. "What are you even doing here?"

"I don't know. Everything happened so sudden, we were walking and we ended up here and-"

"Who are you talking to!?" George demanded to know.

Harry stepped in between George and Judith as she cowered away.

"I think she's talking to Fred right now, George."

The clearing went silent as George stood there, with a deadpan look on his face.

"What?" His voice whispered out.

"George wait-" Judith rose her hands. "You don't understand-"

"I suppose you two think this is funny!" George lashed out at them.

"No, George, listen, please!"

"Look here," he glared at Judith. "My brother is dead, he didn't turn into a ghost or anything else, he's DEAD!"

Judith remained quiet for a moment before gathering herself to speak. "I know he's dead, George. I'm well aware of that. But my family has been able to communicate with the dead since-"

"That's rubbish!" George shook his head.

"It's not rubbish! It's true!" Judith said turning to Fred. "Fred is right here, he's been standing right next to me this whole time."

"You're lying."

"I'm not lying!"

Years of hearing her grandmother being called a fraud had finally brought Judith close to the edge as she defended her gift along with her family. It wasn't rubbish and they weren't lying.

"You can't communicate with the dead-"

"Yes...Yes I can! I have been ever since your brother came to speak with me so that he could talk to you and your family."

George grumbled looking at the ground, shaking with anger believing the woman was lying to him.

Fred cleared his throat. "Judith, tell him about the time we stuck a dungbomb under Aunt Muriel's chair during Christmas dinner that year she came to visit."

Judith nodded.

"I can prove it George!" she said to him. "I can prove that Fred is right next to me. He told me to remind you of the time where you two stuck a dungbomb under your Aunt Muriel's chair during the Christmas dinner-"

George's head shot up, his eyes locked on her before he looked around. "Ho-"

"He also told me about the time that you two gave Ron an Acid Pop which burned a hole through his tongue. That one time when Ron broke Fred's little toy broom, so you two turned his teddy bear into a spider."

"How do you know all this?!" George cried.

"Because Fred told me. He's right here."

"Well, how come we can't see him, why is it only you?"

"It's technically not just me, my grandmother can see him too and I'm sure my brother could see him in his dreams-"

"That last part sounded weird," Fred interjected.

"Quiet Fred."

Judith waited for George to respond and when he finally did, her heart sunk into her chest.

"You're crazy." he spat at her before he disappeared with a loud crack.

Judith fell onto Renna's grave and drew her legs into her chest as she fought back any crying.

"It's alright, Judith. He's probably just in shock right now." Fred told her.

Harry wandered over, cautiously stepping around to avoid stepping on or walking through Fred's spirit.

"Judith I need to talk to you about this possession matter."

"It hasn't happened since that day." she sniffed.

"No, but you just said it yourself, there are others like you. One thing I know about Voldemort is, if he doesn't get his way with one way, he'll certainly find another."

"I don't know any other mediums outside my grandmother and my..." she paused for a moment. "...brother."