Chapter Twenty

"So all the while Filch thinks we're suffering in the room with our so called detention, Fred has smeared loads of cat food in the weirdest places..." George told her.

Judith's stomach hurt, but not because she felt sick but because George had made her laugh so many times in such a short span of time. Story after story, he told her of his and Fred's mischievous ways back when they were in Hogwarts including the trouble they got into before school had even started.

"No wonder Filch hated you two so much." she giggled. "I swear, I always thought he just had it out for you two, but now I realize that you two really had it out for him, didn't you?"

George shrugged with a grin. "He got so worked up which made it so much better to prank him above anyone else. His reactions were priceless, although he really served the worse detentions to date. Umbridge was a runner-up."

"Ugh, Umbridge, I never thought I would hear that name again! What a foul woman she was."

"She was terrible." George said.

"But you and Fred got her, at the end when you guys left. That was probably one of the most memorable moments of all my Hogwarts memories. Well, that and the time Renna and I snuck out of the castle after hours."

George raised a brow. "Well, well, well, you have peaked my curiosity Miss Wagner, you can't just leave off a story like that. You snuck out of the castle, two goody-two shoe Ravenclaws. That means you had to put a book down at some point."

Judith balled up a napkin and threw it at him, but it missed as he dodged it easily.

"Just because I was in Ravenclaw, it did not mean I had my nose in a book at all times. We enjoyed doing other things besides reading."

"Well pray tell what led you two to sneak out of the castle?"

"We wanted to see the Giant Squid." Judith admitted. "We were only second years and we just wanted to see it for ourselves. So in the middle of the night, we snuck out and went to the Black Lake, right? We spent hours waiting for even just a break in the water...nothing. Before the sun was to come up, we made our way back into the castle. Completely undetected. We actually thought we were going to get away with it."

"What happened?" George asked.

"Well, from the lack of sleep, we had to answer a riddle to get back into the tower and we could not for the life of us, figure it out."

"What was the riddle?"

"Every night I'm told what to do and each morning I do what I'm told. But I still do not escape your scold, what am I?"

She watched as George thought long and hard for a moment and stealing a glance over in Fred's direction, he seemed just as confused as his twin.

Several minutes later, George finally gave up.

"I give up." He said throwing his hands up. "I don't know what it is."

"It's really going to irritate you when you hear the answer because it's so bloody simple."

"What is it then?"

"An alarm clock." she replied simply.

He sat there blankly as Fred let out a groan.

"Yeah," Judith smiled, " we were caught outside the door that same morning by the Head Boy."

George suggested that they go for a walk, right after he left to use the bathroom.

Fred walked over to her while she was alone.

"Well, this date seems to be going nicely."

Judith's eyes widened. "D-date?"

"Yes, date. Why are you making that face? I'm only calling it what it is."

"I didn't realize it was a date."

"Hmmm....two people who find each other attractive spending alone time at a set time and place? What is it?" he said mocking the riddles from earlier.

She rolled her eyes at him.

"I thought we were just hanging out." Judith replied innocently.

"Lies....it's a date."

"Shut up, Fred."

He smiled. "Well, so that I'm not intruding on your date, I'm going to let you two have some alone time. I really don't want to witness you two if you guys decide to have a sno-"

"Fred!"

She shook her head at him, as he grinned. But suddenly, her face turned serious.

"What if happens and you're not around-"

"You don't need to worry about that anymore, I have a feeling it's never going to happen again. You have too many people looking over you, from both sides."

"What-"

"Wipe the frown off your face, Judith, you wouldn't want George to think you're having a bad time."

"Yeah well-"

"Ready to go?" George interrupted the two.

Judith spun around. "Y-yes let's go."

The two walked side by side, ever so often stealing glances at each other but looking away as soon as they caught one another.

"I'm glad you showed up today." George suddenly blurted out.

"You didn't think I would?" she asked him.

"Wh- no. I didn't mean for it to come out that way. I didn't know if you were still sick though."

"Well, I would have at least had someone tell you if I was still sick, I wouldn't leave someone hanging like that.

"I know you wouldn't but I would have certainly understood if you did."

"Good thing we don't have to dwell on that considering I showed."

"Right, but I-" George came to an abrupt stop causing Judith to turn around when she noticed he was no longer beside him.

"George?"

She turned her head and frowned internally kicking herself in the arse as she realized where they were.

Before her was the iron gate that led into the cemetery where both Fred and Renna had been laid to rest.