Chapter Thirty Two

Judith found herself back in the Burrow, but she hadn't spoken a word since George convinced her to go inside. Fred eventually showed up and sat beside her on the sofa.

"They um...didn't get your brother." he said. "He left shortly after you guys apparated." 

He frowned as she dropped her face into her hand.

"There are two Aurors stationed with your grandparents from what I heard and there will be a couple coming here to get yours and George's account on what happened. But Harry should be here shortly-"

Fred stopped talking as Judith began sobbing into her hands,  even in the afterlife, crying still made Fred incredibly uneasy.

"It's okay,"

"It's not okay!" Judith spat. "Fred, my brother is possessed by the Dark Lord, how is any of this okay?! He sent my grandparents to St. Mungo's...he's trying to do the same to me or worse. None of this is okay!!"

She arose to her feet as Molly came into the doorway along with George once they heard the yelling.

"Is everything alright?" Molly asked walking over to the young woman.

"No, it's not alright." Judith said."How could it be?"

George placed his hand on his mother's shoulder before she could walk over, and took it upon himself to head over to Judith's side.

He led her upstairs while Molly offered to make some tea in hopes of calming Judith down somewhat. George brought her inside of his room and sat her on his bed before sitting beside her. They sat in silence for a few moments before George cleared his throat.

"I know this all seems like pure hell right now, Judith. Trust me, I've been there. I know what it's like to find yourself surrounded by darkness...but...it gets better. As long as you focus on something that makes you happy, it gets better."

She turned to look at him after wiping her eyes as if she was waiting for him to continue.

"After I lost Fred, I really didn't think there was anything that could bring me back to that state of happiness. That I wouldn't laugh like I did with him with anyone. We did everything together and the thought of never being able to do those things ever again, really put my mind in a bad place. But one day, out of nowhere, I began to focus my attention on something or rather someone who reminded me of that happiness that I used to feel. Even if it was just being in the presence of that person for a few minutes."

"Who is it?" she asked him curiously.

George chuckled at her oblivious nature.

"You, Judith. You're the one who reminds me of what it was like when I was happy. When I started speaking to you in the tea shop, it was like we were old friends. I felt comfortable around you and found myself laughing and joking like I always did."

Judith could feel her heart pounding in her chest, but it wasn't out of fear, it was pleasant.

She gave him a small smile before reaching her hand out hesitantly and placing it over his.

"Thank you for..." she wasn't sure what she was really thankful for other than just having George be around her. "Thank you for coming into my life again...and sticking around during all the complete chaos."

"No need to thank me for that Judith. I would do it all again in a heartbeat. I just...I still feel really bad about not believing you when it came to Fred...deep down when you told me all those things back at the cemetery." he sighed. "I knew there was no way you could have known those things but I just didn't want to believe that only one person could see him and I wasn't them."

"I'm really sorry, George. I wish you could all see and hear him, believe me. He wants that too. I'm sure if he had the option, he wouldn't be going through me."

"But I'm glad that he found you."George said.

"Really?"

George nodded. "I think he did it on purpose though." he said with a small laugh.

"Why do you say that?" Judith asked turning on the bed so that she was facing him.

George scratched the back of his neck awkwardly." Well I...I guess there's no sense in denying anymore like I did in school."

Judith tilted her head peering out at him curiously.

"I um..back in school, I actually thought you were really pretty, I still do." he said causing the two of them to blush madly. "And uh...I thought you were always really funny at the quidditch matches, and Fred picked up on all of that of course. He always kept bugging me to go over and talk to you."

"So why didn't you?" Judith asked in a voice barely above a whisper.

"I...I don't know. I guess it was because we hardly knew each other, probably thought you were going to think I was weird or something."

"I do think you're weird." Judith admitted to him.

George nodded his head and bit the inside of his cheek. "Fair enough."

"But..." she continued give his hand a gentle squeeze." I'm pretty damn weird myself and I like weird."