Chapter Fifteen.

"Mom! This is ridiculous I am not going anywhere dressed in that horrendous ball of pink fluff!" I yelled running down the stairs after seeing the abomination she had left for me on my bed.

"Stella it's the summer ball, all of the announcements are being made about the town and the awards are being given out, everyone is going to be there and you haven't got a dress, so either you run to the mall today and get one or you wear the one I wore when I was your age." Rolling my eyes I grabbed my jacket and car keys making a point of slamming the front door in the process. I don't want to go to this stupid ball, I don't want to get a dress, and dress up and have to put up with everyone from High School being there, God why can't this town be a little bigger so no one has to put up with everyone's bullshit all the time.

Strolling through the mall I had zero luck looking for what I was finding, that is until I walked past a little boutique spotting a short black dress with a beautiful floral design covering it, I gasped and went into the shop immediately trying it on and buying it. I found new shoes matching a bag I had that was the perfect colour and would go very well with the dresses design. Showing off the dress to my mom she helped me straighten my hair and do my make up before I was ready to go, apparently I was going with Jason who was picking me up, when he showed up he was wearing a suit and I gave him a bored expression.

"Why are we going?" I asked as we walked up the steps to the city hall, he smiled down at me straightening his jacket.

"Well for starters Asher is getting an award." My heart skipped a beat at the mention of his name and I smiled.

"That's awesome but practically my whole high school is here and they suck." I said whining again as we signed our names in the book thing and headed inside to find our seats, we spotted Ben and Alice so headed over there.

"Why so glum chum?" Ben said to me before Alice answered for me.

"We hate everyone here." She stated and I gave Jason a pointed look, Asher soon joined us sporting a smug grin and a really nice probably expensive suit.

"Okay guys you're lucky I managed to escape my fans to come say hi." The boys groaned and shoved him for his obnoxious declaration before he landed his eye on me allowing them to rack up and down my whole body, Jason shoved him for so obviously checking me out and he smirked.

"Looking good Stell." I raised an eyebrow blushing at him, what was his asshole attitude back as soon as we were surrounded by the same high school students? My stomach twisted hoping that really wouldn't happen, I can't help my feelings for him getting stronger and well I'd be crushed if he started acting like a douche after everything that happened this summer. We took our seats and of course I was stuck next to Asher, I wouldn't complain normally but when he was acting like an ass I didn't want to put up with it however he was back to himself as he was slowly becoming more and more nervous, everyone was chatting amongst themselves so I leant over and smiled.

"I bet you'll win Ash don't worry." I said reassuringly as he looked down at me, I frowned in confusion and sort of pulled away suddenly realising I had no idea what he could possibly get an award for. "What are you even up for?" I asked taking a bite out of my bread trying to act nonchalant but it was hard and I struggled as he laughed at me before bouncing his knee and actually answering my question.

"Uh Mentor of the Year, I train a lot down at the community gym just so kids aren't out on the streets like I was. They don't know much about the underground boxing I do but I'm around for the kids which a lot of people in this neighbourhood appreciate seeing as they're barely there for their own kids themselves." I raised my eyebrows at his words and was impressed but that only meant my pathetic and needy crush on him was deepening. Dammit.