Chapter Three

Having my parents home is weird, good weird but I mean it's like the second weekend in a row for them to be here it's odd for them to be back for so long with their jobs and alone time etc. I got in from school on Thursday and heard them chatting away in the kitchen.

"So Hun anything interesting going on recently?" I shrugged at my mothers question as I joined my parents in the kitchen and taking a bite out of the toast my mom just named to me.

"Not really, uh Alice got a boyfriend, if you'd even call that interesting." My mom looked at me from the sink.

"That's nice, what about you? Any boys tickling your fancy?" I cringed as my mom asked me this simple question, I also frowned when I thought of Asher and we aren't even friends.

"Eww have you seen the guys from my school?" I asked her with a serious tone before looking at my dad who was smiling at me. "What's up? Why are you so happy?" I asked with a weird face, they're acting so strange this morning.

"Well we know you're home quite a lot on weekends alone, and sometimes during the week and we just thought it might be a good idea to get a dog." I let out a squeal as I hugged my dad, I've wanted a dog since I was 13 and they're only listening to me now? It's only logical they get me a dog!

Later that day we went to a local pet shop where I now they had a pregnant pet dog a little while back only hoping they still had puppies. Thankfully there was one left, he was still small only about two months old and he was sat in a cab covered in blankets, I picked him up and he cuddled into me, I fell in love with him instantaneously.

"Dad can I get him? Please?" My dad nodded and paid for the puppy along with everything else I would need for him, a small bed and a blanket, food and bowls, toys etc. Obviously I would have to train, feed and walk him and I would be more than happy to, the puppy already had its jabs so he's allowed in dog parks and stuff. When I got home I googled a lot of dog names trying to help me name my puppy but it was very hard, later that night and hours of researching names I settled on the name Baxter which actually fit him perfectly.

The next day my parents went on a trip to Rome, it was for business but they were going early to spend the weekend there. Alice had told me that there was gonna be a party at Hunter's friend Mark's house but having a young puppy was like having a kid so I turned down the offer of going. Plus I've managed to avoid Asher recently and I'd rather not go to a place where he is other than school.

After watching many episodes of Criminal Minds in bed with Baxter cuddled up in my arms asleep I got a phone call from Alice, I could barely hear her over the noise.

"Is this Stella?" The velvet like voice spoke smoothly down the phone and I frowned being unable to recognise it as Hunter.

"Yes, why? What happened? Is Alice okay?" I asked worried hoping it wasn't some weirdo on her phone, there was a deep chuckle before he spoke again.

"She's fine, she passed out at a party and I can't find her boyfriend, I recognised her with you at my fight and she kept mumbling your name, I was wondering if you could come pick her up, I don't know what to do with her." Asher Knight.

"I err uh sure yeah can you text me the address please?" I didn't give him the chance to answer before I jumped out of bed pulling on my ugg boots and throwing on a hoody. Looking around my room in a dash I realised I couldn't leave Baxter, he'll have to come with me, I picked him up and wrapped a blanket around him before running out to my car. I went to the address that Asher had text me and pulled up outside, there were kids throwing up and passed out on the lawn, the bass of the music was practically moving my car. Without getting out because I had Baxter on my lap asleep I pulled up and looked through my window to see if they were outside, looking down at my hoody, booty shorts and uggs not to mention the sleeping puppy on my lap I decided to make them come out to me. Ringing Alice's phone I was almost anxious for him to answer.

"Hello?" He drawled sounded tired and worn out I actually felt bad for the guy I know how tiring it is to look after a drunk Alice.

"Hey could you come out to my car I'm parked right outside I can't really get out." I spoke politely and tired considering it was half 2 in the morning.

"Sure thing." About two or three minutes later I saw him practically carrying Alice out, he then opened the back doors of my car and laid her down to sleep.

"Stella is that you." She slurred before passing out cold.

"Thank you, for looking after her." I said as he came to the driver window, he gave me a half smile before just nodding.

"No problem that place was full of creeps, and her boyfriend disappeared after dumping her in the room." I rolled my eyes at Hunter's careless behaviour that could have got her hurt.

"Do you need a ride anywhere?" I asked in return, knowing that he probably wanted to go home after dealing with Alice, he gave me a look which made me shiver slightly before finally speaking.

"Are you sure?" I nodded, "okay thanks." Once Asher got in the passenger side he noticed Baxter. "Hey little guy." He said gently stroking his head, I smiled but focused on the road towards his neighbourhood. "Were you sleeping when I called?" He asked in a quiet a,most whispering tone.

"No, no we were watching TV and by we I mean me and Baxter the puppy." I let out a nervous chuckle as he stared at me whilst driving.

"You know you're the only girl who's ever stood up to me." His statement caught me off guard and I glanced at him quickly.

"Have you been drinking?" He nodded without saying anything but then carried on. "I thought it was pretty cool at Frost's party when you wouldn't let me beat up what's his face, but then when you did it again at Ben's I didn't know how to take it and I don't like it." His voice trailed off half amused and half pissed.

"Well the truth hurts, life's a bitch." I said with a shrug before turning into a street he pointed at.

"Damn you know most girls around here would kill to be dropping me home, all of them would probably invite themselves in, what makes you so different?"

"A little moral and class, you know I have standards." He was just annoying me now, not everyone is gonna fall at his feet.

"One day Stella, one day I'll get what I want from you." I stopped the car outside a random house he'd pointed at and looked from the house to him.

"I'm not gonna just give into your charm Knight, okay? Unlike most girls at our school I can say no to the likes of you." I almost spat out as just he smirked at me.

"Thing is princess I don't think you want to."

That was all he said before he jumped out of the car and let himself into the house a few yards away leaving me once again shocked and rethinking my own feelings.